A complete car and a true value of money

By for Tata Indica V2 Turbo from Akola 2008-06-27 00:00:00.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Fuel efficient, spacious & comfortable, effective AC, sturdy & safe

Cons : its looks could have been better

I bought this car at the age of 44, after having driven almost all small segment cars and choosing therefrom. I have since driven this Indica 20000 kms in 15 months. Of the 20000 kms, I have driven 12000 kms on highway and the rest in city. I have always re-fueled the tank full and have measured the mileage each time. The mileage I constantly get in city is 17/18 kmspl and on highways 21/22 kmspl (@ speed of 80/85 kmsph). It??s a very economical car - per KM cost in city works out between Rs.2 to Rs.2.10 and on highway between Rs.1.65 to Rs.1.70 (image the running cost per person with a family of 4). The car is very spacious, comfortable & smooth running vehicle - I have driven a maximum of 650 kms in one single day (from Akola to Vadodara). The road grip is fantastic and the AC is very effective. Its pick-up is no more sluggish even with AC on, as it is in the case of non-Turbo. The initial pick-up cannot be compared with that of a petrol car of its segment but later on it is as good. Overall, you virtually don??t feel you are driving a diesel car.

• vishnu |24 Jul,2010 09:00:18 PM

which version you driven

• ganesh g.s. |27 Jul,2010 01:26:34 PM

ECONOMIC DIESEL CAR FOR MIDDLE CLASS FAMILY. LOW MAINTENANCE. BETTER COMPARE TO PETROL CAR.PRICE IS LESS COMPARE TO OTHER COMPANIES DIESEL CAR LIKE MARUTI SWIFT, FORD, FIAT ETC., ENGINE CC IS HIGH AND MILEAGE IS GOOD. I PREFER TATA INDICA V2 TURBO DIESEL CAR TO ALL WHO WANT CAR AT LOW PRICE AND DIESEL CAR TO THEIR HAPPY AND CALCULATIVE MIDDLE FAMILY. BUT I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT SEVICE AND SPARE PARTS OF TATA COMPANY IN INDIA. IF ANYBODY KNOWS PLEASE SEND DATA. THANK YOU, RAJAJINAGAR, BANGALORE.

• uday chatterjee |14 Sep,2010 11:57:20 AM

I HAVE USED ONE INDICA DLS NON-TURBO AND WITH AC PERFORMANCE SO FAR AS PICK IS CONCERNED IS VERY POOR,OTHERS ARE OK. RECENTLY I HAVE DECIDED TO BUY ONE TURBO DLS. WANT TO KNOW MORE BEFORE I PURCHASE.

• chanakya |25 Sep,2010 04:08:14 PM

Mr. Uday Chatterjee, I think you better go for Indica vista insted of going for Indica Turbo. Though built on the same platform and having the same name its quite different from Indica v2. If you go for Indica turbo, you'll feel as if you are driving your old car since the changes made in the car are very less. In my opinion Indica Vista will be a better choice since you have already used Indica v2. Its quality is better than Indica v2.

• parth |19 Oct,2010 10:30:19 AM

I want to purches indica turbo car ,i satisfied with performance but i am confusing in service part if u suggest about what is expence of mantinance per manth

tony |26 Nov,2010 07:52:31 PM

please dont but turbo,it is a useless money eating car,better you keep a non turbo engine car,becos the spare parts prices are very costly compare to ordinary one

balaji |01 Feb,2011 09:12:22 AM

Are you kidding. NON TURBO is piece of metal which finds iteself hard to push. Very poor pickup. Im having an turbo version for past 5 years and its pickup is very good and everyone who drives both tells this. Better ask others and share your experience. I agree spares of indica turb might be costlier but not much diff. It worth the price u pay.

• D. John |13 Nov,2010 01:13:57 AM

boys get the polo

• venkat reddy |20 Nov,2011 07:46:21 PM

i want to buy a indica v2 turbo second hand car, could some one please suggest me the car perfomence, fuel efficiency, spare parts cost and life time of the car. and also suggest me, what kind of second hand model car would be more suitable as i would run the car 25 km per day and can afford 2,00,000. thanks in advance for your useful suggestion.

• nihal |30 Dec,2012 12:30:56 AM

indica turbo is good fuel efficient car as far as iconcern..maintanance is cheap as compare tp other diesel cars.

• NIRMAL DEEP SINGH |15 Apr,2013 12:10:21 PM

Its the best fuel efficient car. It gives mileage upto 22.8 KMPL on highways & 19 kmpl on cities. Overall its a jhakaas model

• ajay meena |30 Jul,2013 01:25:16 PM

tata indica turbo dlg. how much km run ,,,, after we have to service and witch part we have to installed every time in service..