Skoda Rapid: Skoda's reply to VW Vento

By for Skoda Rapid from Mumbai 2011-10-08 12:10:58.0
  • Appearance

Pros : not known

Cons : price will be decisive factor

Look and Style Currently, I am an owner of Skoda Fabia from past six months. Now I am looking to buy another car for my wife. Since, I have a hatchback, so I am in mood to go for a sedan. After driving Skoda Fabia I became a huge fan of Skoda cars due to its mind blowing exteriors and high standard comfortable interiors. After research I found that Skoda is going to launch a new sedan Skoda Rapid in the market and the exterior design of all new Skoda Rapid is based on Volkswagen Vento. Comfort Being an experienced person of Skoda cars, I believe that Skoda cars are best in class to provide world class comfort and luxury to the customers. Based on my experience with Skoda Fabia, I believe this new sedan will offer the same sort of space like Volkswagen Vento. Pickup One of my friends has Volkswagen Vento that accelerates well to 100 Kmph in few seconds. Since the car shares same concept of Volkswagen Vento I believe it also sports similar pick up. Mileage From various websites I found that this new Skoda Rapid will introduce a new Mission L concept to the market which might help Skoda to deliver decent mileage. Best Features After experiencing, both Skoda Fabia and Volkswagen Vento, I am very much interested to know what more features Skoda will add in its new sedan. Since I feel both the cars are upto the mark with their elegant looks and comfortable interiors. The suspension and ground clearance of these cars are outstanding. I think Skoda Rapid will continue to flow with the tide. Needs to improve Too early to comment on the areas of improvement. Overall Experience Overall after my research and experienced with Skoda cars I am waiting enthusiastically for the launch of this sedan. Although the car is fully based on Volkswagen Vento, I prefer to go with Skoda Rapid as it is expected that Skoda will price this sedan lower than Vento. Since I will receive the same experience, might be better but at lower price, then why should I go with expensive one.

• somashekhar |20 Oct,2011 11:50:48 AM

dear friends, actually i am in confusion should i go for vento or wait for skoda rapid, please guide me what shall i do? as it is i want to go for higher end model, som, 09620903999

Navjot |09 Nov,2011 09:42:36 PM

i think you shoul wait till 16 of november skoda will launch rapid which is best car

gauav |17 Nov,2012 12:13:22 PM

dear friend you should go for rapid ,because as compre to vento rapid is good in mileage for which soda is knwn as well as its engine life is more comparetively high as compare to vento as well as price of topend model is less as compare to vento ......... if you want any other info regarding to rapid than fell free to call on any time. Best Regards: Gaurav chaturvedi

Aaron reddy |21 Jan,2016 01:43:48 PM

Both are good Rapid have more features than vento Rapid have more turning radius than vento Both cars have better build quality but vento is more stronger than rapid Rapid has seating comfort vento has more boot space I prefer Vento in petrol tsi Skoda rapid in diesel AT

• G.P.Sangal |20 Oct,2011 12:28:33 PM

I am myself trying to decide whether I buy Vento or wait for Rapid. I am told that there is some service problem with Skoda Cars may be due to problem in availability of parts. I will like to satisfy myself on this count. Since I use a driver I am looking for rear seat comfort. The width of rear seat of Veto is relatively less.

AMITABH |06 Nov,2016 04:23:47 PM

Go to vento

• Karan Singh |21 Dec,2011 03:07:07 PM

Since You Are Very Much Interested In Buying Skoda Rapid,I Think That Volgswagen Vento Is Better As German Cars Are The Best And The Volgswagen Vento Has Many Exciting Features Which Skoda Rapid Does Not Have.

raju |29 Feb,2012 10:48:31 AM

hi karan, can you tell me what are all the vento is having the exciting features than Skoda Rapid since i had a plan to buy skoda rapid... based on your reply will workout again.

raju |29 Feb,2012 12:15:15 PM

aman |01 Mar,2012 11:28:45 AM

hi raju, i m having new swift nd now going for rapid for my father. i think as far as price is concerned Skoda rapid is a batter option .,.,.becz vento top modal comes around 1140000,where rapid ambhition modal comes of 8,38000 nd top is for 9,29000. regarding driving nd pickup, i'l give Rapid 8.5/10 nd vento 7.5/10.

ajitabh |06 Nov,2016 04:24:53 PM

Go to vento

• Suresh |11 Mar,2012 06:02:15 AM

Guys Always when u invest smthing think hard b4 u do !!!! Planning to buy rapid this month r maybe next and gonna Go for the 2nd model ( Ambition ) which has power windows , arm rest , abs n 1 air bag , without music system. Please get 7 inch of Lcd display with all new Features with a decent subwoofers n alloy wheels n its Done for a comfortable drive :)) This is wat am planning to do any suggestions ???? Yes r no ????

KARAN VERMA |22 Jul,2012 12:45:10 AM

nice have u bought rapid tell me hw is it

• JAYANTA |10 Jun,2012 02:46:56 PM

I need opinion of Users of Rapid / Vento to decide which is a better one -- Looks , interior facilities , seating comfort and service .

Aaron reddy |21 Jan,2016 01:45:50 PM

If you're looking for petrol go for Volkswagen vento TSI If you're looking for diesel go for Skoda rapid AT

• DJ |14 Nov,2013 12:41:37 PM

lol. You guys do realize that VW owns the Skoda brand right?

• s k bagchi |14 Nov,2016 08:29:46 PM

Can somebody tell me what could be indicative mileage of skoda rapid petrol after a few years? Will it be below 10 km per litre in the city? Also considering popularity of honda city is considerabely high in comparison to skoda rapid. Does new Ambition has similar exterior look with style ? Wold be of help if someone responds. Thanks