This is a perfect VFM diesel buy

• Appearance

Pros : Great Safety features, Good Comfort

Cons : Steering Controls, Rough Gears at times

Hi, I bought diesel Ambition last month and have driven > 1200 KMs in Delhi & NCR. Look and Style Very straight corpoarate looks with Skoda grill. Good C shaped tail lights and new diagnol cut gives this Skoda machine a disticntive look from behind as well Comfort Good comfort for both driver and passenger, though not very plush but it handles rough spots and bumps pretty professionally Pickup Kool pick zooms off in seconds and great part is that speed also reduces pretty quick but you don't have to rely on heavy gears to overtake, if caught in a spot. Mileage At present I'm enjoying 19 in city. Highway is yet to be tested but looks like will easily give > 22. Best Features Safety, Pick up and exterior looks Needs to improve Gear box smoothness and little more plushiness but its okay considering the price Skoda is asking. Few more color options is much desired Overall Experience Excellent, I would say since Skoda at its best. Engine is powerful when required and takes on rough roads quite easily.

Comments Skoda Rapid 2011-2013
  • M P M RAO |16 Feb,2012 10:09:47 PM

Regarding mileage on highway I am getting between 19 and 22 KMPL, but are you sure you are getting 19 KMPL in high traffic city? Rgs.

• Mohit |22 Feb,2012 06:31:26 PM

Hi, This time I'm even getting better mileage than 19/litre. I recorded 21.2/litre mileage over a span of 582 KMs. Though, the catch is to drive max upto 60KM/Hr or else mileage benefit will decrease but 60 KM/Hr is kool in city premises (for me Delhi NCR) since you don't cross speed limits and you reach more or less within the same time vs a high speed drive... I've covered about 2000 Kms and engine is responding well. Its very less noisy compared to the initial days and getting more refined.

• shiv kumar |23 Feb,2012 07:43:54 AM

Yes, you are right my friend, it is as good car. The only thing which hurts is Best Product but Poor Services ... Management must think about it without much delay.

• sanjay |08 Mar,2012 05:50:53 PM

thanx brothers, planning to buy a rapid ambition diesel

Skoda Rapid 2011-2013 review scorecard