Happy, Pampered and Exhilerated!

By for Skoda Rapid 2011-2013 from New Delhi 2012-03-19 13:15:20.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Extremely sturdy, great traction, high ground clearance, turbo engine

Cons : interiors are a bit plain

Look and Style While, I did mention that the interiors are a bit plain, but luckily enough the mid variant (ambition) does not come with a pre-fitted stereo and gives you the option of installing an AV receiver to spruce up you interiors. The exteriors, to my mind are brilliant with the signature skoda ridged bonnet, grill with chrome fitouts and clean tail lamps. Comfort While the rair leg splace isnt something to boast about, the driver side armrest and rear passenger armrests do account for a lot. The seats are fairly ergonomical and the driver side seat (havent sat on the rest) is extremely comfortable with the ability to adjust the height. The steering (though not leather wrapped) is easy, light on lower speeds and hardens as you accelerate is capable of height and periscopic adjustments. Pickup This is the exciting part. In usual city conditions, the 1.6 TDI does not at all feel over-powered and you will be extremely comfortable driving 50km/hr on the fifth gear. If you want a more spirited drive, rev the engine beyond 2.5 rpm and the turbo charged diesel will propel you very rapidly (no pun intended). The fastest I have driven this car is at 145km/hr and there was room for more. Mileage So far, and considering that it has been just 3 weeks since I have received delivery, my indication of mileage would not be comprehensive. That said, I have literally abused the car's pick-up by inducing the cars turbo engine (I cant get enough of that) at the slightest opportunity i get. So I get about 13.5-14.5 kmpl. Best Features Ground clearance, traction, turbo assist, safety features including fuel cut-off on impact. Needs to improve After driving for a while, you would notice that it lacks storage and space to carry your personal effects (phones, ipod, shades, bottles). Not to say that it isnt there, one woud be happier if there just a little more. Overall Experience Absolutley fantastic. Contrary to most users, I have had a great experience with the skoda sales department. They were courteous, well informed, prompt (I had booked my car with Giriraj Motors, Gurgaon). This car suited me perfectly as I had the option to drive a car with abs, driver side air bags and a stereo of my choice. The original skoda stereo is a bit boring and makes a the interiors a bit drab. For those interested, a decent JVC AV/ receiver, with a touch screen, dvd player, usb, aux etc. is for Rs.16,500 and is total value for money!

• Anant |19 Mar,2012 06:10:14 PM

sorry... i meant rear leg space! sometimes ur chain of thought can make you type funny things!