Excellent Product & Worst Service

• Appearance

Pros : - Good Car, Great Mileage & Pick up, Classy looks, Very good boot space

Cons : Worst ever Customer Service & Relationship management

Look and Style Simple yet classy looks and very stylish as compared to the other luxury cars. It has everything that is needed to call it a classy car. Comfort Very comfortable to drive. While I have no compliants on comfort, Rapid has an opportunity to improve the bottom of the back rest of the driver seat by adding some extra cusion which will help in long drives Pickup Excellent.   Mileage Very good. Since I do a mix of city and highway driving I get a mileage of around 16.5. Currently i am revalidating it. Best Features Skoda has all the features of a luxury car and my favorite one is ability to adjust the steering wheel. I have added a separate caska system which enables reverse camera and a lot of extra stuff. I recommend this system to every Rapid buyer Needs to improve - Noise in the engine - Not sure if this is the same in all the diesel cars - Before / After Sales service - Like I mentioned in my subject line, this is the worstservice i have ever experienced in my life. My comment is not dealer specific but its about all the dealers because my process of buying / booking involved more than 1 dealer and all of them are very capable of ruining Skoda's image. I strongly believe that if Skoda does not put a control in place to improve customer service, it will soon start showing in the sales figures Overall Experience: Wonderful experience in driving the car but i have had product issues - Gear shifting, noise from the engine which is not a big thing but the after sales service bit made it difficult for me and service is probably the only thing which has had a negative impact on my experience.

Comments Skoda Rapid 2011-2013
  • Dr.Arthur Mohan |21 Mar,2013 12:01:13 AM

I am planning to buy Skoda Rapid Ambition...but worried about the after sales services as we have only one dealer who handles the sales and services in chennai. Could anyone enlighten me on this?

• Rakesh |18 Jul,2014 02:57:52 PM

The Skoda dealers are just killing the brand SKODA in India. With a beautiful / well priced / amazing drivability the RAPID should have been an instant hit. But it's just the scare of Skoda dealers which are keeping the buyers at bay. My own experience with the Gurgaon dealer least said is PATHETIC. A couple of times I gave the car for some rattling noise and every time the car was returned, saying that the problem has been rectified and cleverly the car was only handed over once the staff was leaving for the day. All requests for a test drive to ascertain if the problem had been rectified fell on deaf ears. Baffling to know that Skoda India continues to live with this and have not even tried to rectify this problem with their dealer channel. So it's better to drive a less exciting car than to live with the horrible standards of SKODA service.

Skoda Rapid 2011-2013 review scorecard