Car has manufacturing defects

• Appearance

Pros : Good Looking, Exteriors

Cons : Dealer. After Sales Service, Wheel Balancing, A/C, No USB port for Music System,

I have this strange habit of trying new cars and i rue the fact that i gambled on Skoda Rapid. Though i am still positive with the looks which compelled me in buying this Car. But the car has some inherent defects Which is generally with almost every new product. You are luck if you dont face those bugs, i was unlucky one :( First of all dealer serive is very bad in Gurgaon. There is only 2 show rooms and both owned by same owner  hence complete monopoly. Behaviour wise and support wise you will face the same problems faced in any other monopolistic market.  I bough this Car on 6th March 2012 from Giriraj Gurgaon. Waiting time was not to much and i got car with in 10 days. With a month car's wheel started giving problem. When i reached Service better be careful if buying this car in Gurgaon !! My experience has been horrible . No Support service, no one to guide you properly, mishandling of cars is common sight, exorbitant charges, Charges on even new cars under warranty and list goes on endless.  So about wheel balancing and alingment,  my car was going in left while driving and start quivering at the speed of 90. I went to service centre and after much harrasssment got my car in 3 days. And much to my amusement car again started giving ripples and moving left at the speed of around 110 Now. Within 3 days i went back stating this problem  and i was informed that i will be charged this time for rectifying this problem.  After persuation they didn't charge me but again kept car for a long time. I have to visit show room thrice , taking leave from my office everytime, but much to my agony was not ready.Meanwhile My Car A/C also went non-functional which they said is a perpatual problem with this car and would take a week to fix. And third time Car started giving fluctations on the speed of 60 -70 to which service person told me that SKODA RAPID has this problem and he cant solve this. I have to bear with this. Many Skoda Rapid are facing the same problem.  So i am clueless what to do with my 3 months old car which can not be rectified !! My only advise to the buyers is , dont buy a Newly launched car in its first year . Wait so that company remove all the bugs based on the feedback recieved from the reckless buyers like me :)

Comments Skoda Rapid 2011-2013
  • Vikas |05 Jul,2012 12:43:38 AM

Please join hand with us on Skoda Consumers India page on facebook. I have the exact same problem...We must get together and file a case of selling unsafe vehicles against the company. There are man others with the same problems. Please email or message me...we are getting together to file. My car is in workshop for 1 week for the same problem! Regards Vikas

Xyz |22 Apr,2013 09:13:04 PM

Caliph Mustafa |05 Dec,2013 05:08:05 PM

Ihad bought Skoda Rapid elegance insept,2012.I had done 8500Kms.Suddenly the car stopped pickup and started giving noise when speeding without pulling.I had handed over the car to Vision Motors,Calicut on Monday,2nd Dec2013.So far no results.Though the car is under warranty,they claim this is a WEAR N TEAR of Clutch assembly case,and I have to Pay at least Rs.40000/-.This car is making high engine noise,since beginning,reported to dealer,nothing done./If a wear and tear problem e very 8500Kms.This car has basic design problems and should be called back,all the Rapids.

• murali |17 Jul,2012 09:33:14 PM

I won't accept yr statment. Skoda Rapid Car is Excellent,using more tahn 7 months

Amit Garg |17 Jul,2012 10:26:36 PM

Good for you Murali ...hope it remains same with you :)

Xyz |22 Apr,2013 09:14:20 PM

Fake comment!! You are a junk dealer, I rarely see someone not having problem/profit comes back to support a product

• Anupam Sharma |06 Aug,2012 01:21:54 PM

Thanx guys for our stories. after going thru all your reviews i a very much in a dileme wether to go in for this care or plan for another vehicle. Recentli i visited a Skoda showroom in East Delhi's Patpat ganj Area and i was told by the dealer that it is the best sedan in its class with a cluster of featuers and safety wings. So what would you recommend me, what to do now bro......

nitey |02 Nov,2012 09:23:28 PM

skoda rapid eligance defective piece supplied by navneet nagpur afterpurchasing cargiving starting trouble which is not rectified in24 hrs

• Amit Garg |06 Aug,2012 02:17:18 PM

Visit following URL before buying I wont recommend you buying this car. My car has been with service center for more than 50 days in last 4 months and still could not be repaired. Besides Skoda has worst customer services, a fact commonly known. Do proper research before buying

Saheb |11 Sep,2012 09:24:42 PM

Amit..kindly, .post the URL...I need to make a decision at the earliest

Amit Garg |12 Sep,2012 02:16:33 PM

Hey Saheb, i would have long back but i think Cardekho doesn't allow posting URL etc. Just google about Skoda services and you will find a lot of material about it . There is Facebook groups for Skoda consumers , you can visist them also. On the official pages most of the comments are deleted so please go through consumer created groups like Skoda India Consumers etc .

Xyz |22 Apr,2013 09:16:16 PM

Thanks for red alert Amit!

nitey |02 Nov,2012 09:51:10 PM

skoda rapid defective piece supplied by navneet nagpur

• pvdinesh |21 Nov,2012 11:50:32 PM

Hi I am a skoda rapid user .. Made a big mistake by buying this .. Before the fist service, the engine mounting cracked .. Nawab motors , Delhi says they do not have spares .. It has to come from factory , the car is still in service centre since 15th November Made complaints to Company .. They say my complaint is in process .. I have too many other issues .. Less said the better what we can do is to post our experience on all sites .. Open a website of skoda users .. Scan all the service reports , overcharging etc and put it on the site . Please unite all the ,users

• Raj |24 Dec,2012 02:26:08 PM

Guys - I am thinking of buying Rapid Elegance Diesel.... but most of the comments seems to be on the Negative side. After sales support, some inherent defects in the car...etc.. getting lured by the offers in place currently...

Amit Garg |24 Dec,2012 02:48:54 PM

I was too !! Anyway , some people learn from others mistake and some by their own. It seems you come in second category like me :)

• Sanjay |31 Dec,2012 12:08:16 PM

I find it difficult to believe the issues described for a new car. I am a rapid owner (diesel Elegance) and have been using it for over a month with absolutely delightful experience. My purchase experience has been good too. I bought it from Tafe access (Bangalore). I have just one complaint, the vehicle claims to have a GC of 168 mm but I have scraped the bottom several times on bumps. Sales guy says, it's the mud flaps which are scraping but seems I have to wait for the first service/checkup to know if it's the underbelly that got scraped. Overall I am quite satisfied with the car. Wishing my friends a good ownership experience. This is a good car and may be some faulty pieces which slipped out of the QC checks and out into the road that is earning itself the bad name.

• Ashutosh singh |25 Feb,2013 10:27:52 AM

Rapid Skoda has deffect of AC this is true I had also experienced the same , I went to showroom then only I came to know about this problem after 10 months of purchase, Hope this will be corrected in next 10 Days

pathan jabir |18 May,2013 11:47:12 AM

no issue don't misguide i already owned this car from last 1 year.

• Xyz |22 Apr,2013 09:18:06 PM

Amazing Junk Car

• Caliph Mustafa |06 Dec,2013 07:21:05 PM

nd demanding Rs.40000.Car has Manu Facturing defects for sure

• sumant nayak |27 Apr,2014 03:26:11 PM

been 3 months since i hv been usin rapid diesel at pune, m certainly not satisfied with its AC performance. wat bout de manufacturing defect ?? Asutosh singh - ur ac problem resolved ??

Skoda Rapid 2011-2013 review scorecard