Rating of Renault KWID

Sporty And Comfortable Kwid 1.0

S
Sujit Senapati
On: Nov 15, 2016 | 1823 Views

New Kwid 1.0 has decals, sporty looks along with dual colour mirrors. So it's for sure a head turner. And its offering all the top end accessories as well with its top end model RXT and RXT(O).

With 1000 CC engine it surely has revved up its engine capacity in terms of speed and more power.

Numbers:-

999CC engine with 67bhp and 91Nm  that's 14bhp and 19Nm more than the 800cc unit makes currently.

How it fares on this new engine?

To be frank there is not much of difference in respect to the city travels. But yes you will have a stress-free, comfortable run on the highways with its 999 CC engine for sure which was missing in its 800 CC version. When the old engine had jerkiness at the lower speed and you might find relieved with the 999CC engine for same. Manoeuvrability is easier with this car for sure in Indian cities traffic especially for me in Bengaluru traffic.

Storage Space/ Boot Space

Being a smaller car doesn't mean it has cut corners. It offers a boot space of 300 litre which is enough considering its size.

Comfortableness:-

It has comfy seats with 5 people seating comfortably cruising on a highway with filled luggage. You won't fee any discomfort even at 100 Kmph. Its interiors are also comfortable for seating. You get fabric upholstery and rear & back head rests for comfortable travel. And a note the interiors are dual tone which gives a good overall look to the car.

Specs(Top):

Front Wheel Drive

A/C - Manual

Airbags - Driver Side Only

Fuel - 23.1 kmpl (ARAI)

Entertainment - Integrated Music System with Touch Screen (7 inches)

GPS -Yes

FM -Yes

MP3 Compatibility - Yes

Pricing:-

Since the KWID1.0 is available in the top end version below is the pricing (Ex-Showroom , Bengaluru)

RXT - 4 Lakhs

RXT(O) - 4.13 Lakhs

Considering the features and benefits its a bargain.

Cons:

It does miss out on some of the safety norms like ABS, Dual Air Bags and some extra features. Also, you get all this only in the top end version of the KWID.

Suggestion/Tip:-

To be frank its a buy for me. At this price point, you are getting a bargain with good features which will be missing in others. Though there are some missing components which could have been added to top end like adjustable ORVM's Dual airbags with a bit of more pricing which anyone would have loved to pay. But as said it's a go decision to buy it.

Also, I want to give a small note that Renault KWID AMT is out now for the top end RXT(O). It will be pricier but cheaper than other AMT's out there with awesome features(almost same features).

So go for it if it's your first car or even you want it just for the sake of it as it's right in your budget with many finances available.

Drive safe, be Happy

Other KWID Reviews

• p
    prasad naidu tv
    On: Jan 05, 2018 | 1344 Views

Poor car of its category . keep towing away numbers always

I purchased Renault kwid Rxt automatic in June 2016. I used this car as my daily office going car in addition to...Read More

• K
    KK Boro
    On: Jun 19, 2017 | 2249 Views

My First car

Hello guys, on 28th April 2017 is the day i bought my first car Renault Kwid RXT Opt 800cc . I was about to buy ...Read More

• S
    Surjya Narayan De
    On: May 04, 2017 | 410 Views

My First Owned Vehicle Renault KWID 1.0 RXT

I bought the car 2 months earlier and drove the same on a daily basis. I was impressed by this car since the car...Read More

• V
    Vaibhav Jain
    On: Oct 24, 2017 | 4566 Views

My First Car And I Love It

I was very excited when my dad agreed to get me a car. The Kwid 1.0 was a no-brainer choice for me because of it...Read More

• J
    Jagadish Tripathy
    On: Jan 29, 2017 | 227 Views

KWID 1.0 RXT (O) Manual

After driving my car for 2 months (1000 km), I am happy to write this review. Outer - Looks Better than the segm...Read More

Renault KWID Further Research