• Sponsored
    Mahindra KUV100
    Mahindra KUV100
    Rs   4.51 - 7.56 Lakh*
    Compare Cars

Renault Kwid - Utterly Powerful!

By for Renault KWID 2016-05-16 15:39:03.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks, Power, Interiors

Cons : Transmission, Vibration, Space

Yesterday I went to a Renault showroom to test-ride Kwid. I was already impressed by the looks of the car. I have always loved SUVs and the high stance of Kwid gives you that feel. Renault is making the product better by offering alloy wheels in coming months. Then I drove the vehicle and it did not disappoint me. I could feel the punch in the car which was missing in the Alto 800 and Eon. The power figures are completely justified. There is enough torque for a petrol mill so that is another plus.

There are cons with almost everything in the world so are with Kwid. The car has more vibrations initially which you will find irritating. But then again power compensates for everything! The air-conditioning is also quite effective. I chose the back seat and it was approximately 40 degree temperature. But I never felt the heat and the AC was not running on the highest speed. So I believe it will be able to compensate for five people also in case you plan to take your family out. But then seating three people at the back might turn out to be a headache again. The infotainment system is again mesmerizing which you will not find in any other car in this segment.

I missed automatic transmission but as it makes driving hassle free. Mileage of 23 kmpl is commendable. Car is quite maintainable and you do not have to pay much for the service. But changing parts once the car is out of warranty/guarantee period can be a problem. For someone who loves power, should really go for the Kwid.

If you want more space at the back, maybe you should look for another car.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this February
  • Rajasekhar |27 Nov,2016 06:24:34 AM

I purchased the Kwid RXT(O) car from M/s Sri Sri Sri Auto Cars India Pvt Ltd,Secunderabad-500025 in October 2015,it was first batch car. I am really ashamed of this car, and my sincere advice is not to go by looks of this car as I did, now I am in trouble. So my Car is in Renault dealer workshop more number of times and more days(one week to two weeks) than with me. Now I am repenting my mistake, in my next review I will provide you the complete repairs history and my troubles.

karthikeyan velusamy |08 Jul,2017 05:03:32 PM

what kind of problem that u are facing

• sharma |30 Nov,2016 02:43:23 PM

pl reta in delhi

• jagannath prasad |26 Dec,2016 04:01:34 PM

I have not received your code