Renault Kwid Drive Experience

• Appearance

Pros : Powerful engine, Good looks, Interiors quality

Cons : High vibrations, Maintenance, Ride quality

I recently took a test drive of the Kwid. The car's looks were able to impress me given the high stance of it. The ride quality was not as per expectations. I own a Alto 800 and I expected the Kwid to be much better. The three-cylinder engine resulted in too much vibrations at the onset.

The car though rides well as soon as you reach around 2000 rpm. I could also feel good power delivery capacity on high rpm. But as far as ride quality is concerned, Eon is the smoothest of all. I really like the accelerating sound from the engine of Hyundai's product. Interior quality of Kwid is good and the infotainment system is something for me as I love music.

For an entry level hatch this is really cool. I never expected such feature to come down to this segment of cars. I even sat at the rear and found decent space for seating three people. Even the knee space is good. But I am still not sure to buy one as Alto has least maintenance cost and going for a Renault product might increase that. As a middle class working man, I might not be able to afford it.

The low price of Kwid is attractive and I have to enquire about the maintenance of it more. Overall the car seems good and I won't hesitate it to recommend it to someone who is willing to spent on maintenance aspect but also wants a good riding experience.

Comments Renault KWID
  • mehul |25 May,2016 10:55:03 PM

Alto 800 ya kwid dono me konsi achhi rahegi?

munish |23 Aug,2016 12:21:30 PM

Who is betar kwed 1000 cc or maruti k 10

• SAMIR Banva |10 Jun,2016 11:52:26 PM

Alto 800 is better

• bunny |16 Aug,2016 02:02:29 PM

Which one bttrr ..tata tiago or kwid

• Roshan sharma |19 Aug,2016 04:51:56 PM

Which one is better kwid 1000cc ya tata tiago ?

vinod |22 Aug,2016 08:47:42 PM

Mera 800cc ka gadi nce yar

• milind |16 Sep,2016 10:15:52 PM

No please do not go for it.. no average beyond 12.. car is not at all smooth in traffic area.. vibrations very high.. gears are too hard to move.. over all its tough to drive in traffic..😞😞

Renault KWID review scorecard