Rating of Renault KWID

R
Ranga Varadan
for 1.0 RXT Optional AMT
On: Dec 09, 2016 | 607 Views

I own a DUSTER since 2013, been a loyal customer, I won't even get a simple wheel rotation done outside.

Always gave excellent feedback. I liked Renault that much. I wish to still do. Be it a simple consultation or a regular service, have always liked the guys at Service (Bangalore & Coimbatore).

But recently, I went to buy a KWID (Coimbatore), the sales guys didn't help in any way, I waited eagerly for the launch of KWID AMT, I asked for a call when the bookings open, but got no info/calls, I specifically wanted to use any early bird offers.

Ultimately, I went back and test drove it. I asked for Loyalty benefits & discounts, they gave me nothing, no proper answer and none of the sales guys really stick to their promise of calling and talking.

No Link or Data between After sales, Service, and Sales.

I am happy to go to a competitor now.

Reviewers, please quote the actual price of the car, stop misleading others that this is a 4 Lakh Car, it's not, it is a 5 Lakh+ Car.

Sales guys themselves say lower variants of 1 Litre Manual and 800 CC KWIDs are not good :). This should sum it up.

I am an Engineer working in Automotive Industry, So here we go:

KWID is AMT, Automated Manual Transmission, not Automatic Transmission. But it's not a killer difference but a need to know.

The lower Models/Variants do have a stiffer steering, the AMT was quite fluid.

It has interior space and is slightly bigger than it's equivalent.

The Accelerator/Acceleration will take some getting used to, when you are at 0 speed(stopped at a signal), you need to gradually press the Accelerator, otherwise, here is a fair shiver.

Suspension is not best in class, ride one wheel up a elevated man hole, the other wheel will tilt.

KWID is a Small Frame Big "Fancy clothed fat Kid", how will it's safety be only time will tell.

KWID is not made of gold, it's a bold new venture, car purchase has aftermath, hopefully Renault can live up to it.

Other KWID Reviews