Renault Duster - Not a very great car

By for Renault Duster 2016-06-10 18:27:56.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Power, Control, Interiors

Cons : Maintenance, Boot Space, Engine noise

I have been driving the Duster for more than one year and I am not impressed by the car. I had expected it to be a great performer but this has not happened. Yes, the overall experience has not been pathetic either but at times I have to face disappointment.

Within two months the engine noise increased which was really unpleasant. There is some or the other issue with car in every month which is not a good thing. It is not practical to visit a dealership every fourth Sunday so at the end you have to compromise on driving experience.

Even though most of the issues are covered in warranty but I am wary what will happen after the warranty period is over. The maintenance cost is not something over which you will recommend Duster to anyone.

The boot space is also less if you have got all the seats occupied. Not everything is bad as I said. Power delivery is good and linear and you have a good control over the car.

Interiors are of decent quality, the thing which I checked initially. The feel inside the car is also good when compared with others. Space in the second row, another thing in focus, is fine and occupants will be at ease there.

The SUV is fine tackling off-roads. The suspension keeps you holding but control won?t be something you will be very proud of.

Overall the car is an average product. You might fall for x things when you take a test drive but later on everything is equated by the practicality. If the car is giving you reasons to cry in just a year, I really don?t know what is waiting afterwards.