Great Looks and Comfortable

By for Renault Duster 2012-2015 2012-07-16 10:29:51.0
  • Appearance

Look and Style: Outer Looks are great, anyone with a budget of 8-12Lacks will really love to go for it. Comfort: Earlier Leg space appeared too Less. But when I took a test drive, it appeared fine. I am 6 feet and adjusted the seat as per my comforts, my wife sat at the back seat behind me, she was comfortably seated. With the same setting of driver seat, I went on the back seat (behind driver) and found the space just OK (with 2-3 finger Gap) between my leg and Front Seat. Ground Clearance - No issues-200mm+. AC Console provided between the 2 front seats in RxZ varient is bit disturbing (as its aligned with the last point while sliding front seat), but is a must during peak summers of Delhi. For my Family having size of 3 members, its OK. Pickup: 110PS: Found much better as compared to that of Nissan Sunny (which I test drove recently), For me driving is mostly on Delhi / Gurgaon roads, I feel its fair enough for me with Only 1-2 visits in a year where i may drive Out of Station. Test Vehicle was not available for 85PS Variant, so cannot comment on that. Mileage: Await Actual feedback from Users after Launch Best Features: Top End Model has decent features. But would have been better if Automatic Temperature Control is provided. Company should offer more features in 85PS RXL Diesel Optional. Needs to improve: Increase space between seats by 3-4 Inches. Boot Space is too big and can easily be reduced by 4 Inches. Overall Experience: Gear Shifting was very comfortable, Drive was smooth in city, with 110PS, i found decent power while city driving Questions which remain unanswered are, I request reply from Cardekho Team: How expensive are the spares as compared to Maruti (similar range model)? How much would it cost for Servicing, ONCE Free Services are over? Both for Major Service and the regular service. Metros like Delhi / Mumbai etc are OK, but how would be the service network in smaller towns, incase you need assistance on Highways??? Overall, I feel Duster is Good but a bit Overpriced. Customers should also be provided with a Test Drive of 85PS so that they may decide which option to go for.

• Rohan Singh |16 Jul,2012 07:24:19 PM

Hello Amit I had also driven the car few days back (being the first in the city to drive that car :). I have had already booked that car and feel great for taking the decision. The ride quality is excellent for this budget of cars (its a feel kind of thing and not expressable), with great suspension. I enquired for its service charge and it usually costs around 6000/ service (just an idea). But never mind, driving this kind of car is awesome. There are numerous service centers of this company and are continuously increasing, which is good for customers like us.

• ANKIT |17 Jul,2012 12:55:57 AM

I WILL PURCHASE THIS CAR, IF THE LEG SPACE OF THE BEHIND SEAT IS INCREASED...NOT MATTERS IF THE SPACE OF LUGGAGE DICCI IS DECREASED THE STIPNI TYRE IS ALSO NOT POSITIONED AT RIGHT PLACE.... IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CHANGE THE TYRE IF IT GETS PUNCTURED IF LEG SPACE IS FOR MIDDLE SEAT IS INCREASED AND STIPNI IS ARRANGED IN DICCI IT CAN BECOME AN ULTIMATE CAR OUTLOOK IS.......... ULTIMATE CORRECTING THE DEFECTS WILL MAKE IT SUPERB KEEP IT 5 SEATER ONLY

• Amit |19 Jul,2012 12:20:33 PM

Hi Rohan, If you go for the diesel variant, the free services may range in between 5k-7k, but once they are over, the Paid service charges may be in range of 10K -15K depending on whether its a regular service or a major one(in which Synthetic Oil Coolant etc shall be replaced)

• Amit |19 Jul,2012 12:35:00 PM

Hi Ankit, I noticed that the rear seat of Duster is a bit wider than Fluence. May this, due to this it gives a feeling that space between front and Back seat is less. I too had this feeling seeing the gap, but found it OK during TD. I think wider seat provides better support during long travels.

• dinesh |20 Jul,2012 08:34:07 AM

Buddy SUNNY is 85 PS and DUSTER is 110 PS ...If You are not sure what does PS stands for atleast see that 110 85... Sunny is Sedan .....Duster is So called SUV. I hope I made my point .. have fun with duster

Amit |20 Jul,2012 09:46:35 AM

Hi, If you read my post, i have clearly mentioned that 85PS model of Duster was not available for TD.......... Since Nissan shares the same engine as Duster (85PS Diesel), we can assume similar performance from Duster 85PS variant (in addition Duster would be a bit more heavy than Sunny).