MY NISSAN SUNNY CAUGHT FIRE DUE TO INTERNAL SHORT CIRCUIT

By for Nissan Sunny from New Delhi 2012-06-11 01:39:58.0
  • Appearance

Pros : good space

Cons : mileage

MY NISSAN SUNNY XE CAUGHT FIRE DUE TO INTERNAL SHORT CIRCUIT WHILE IT WAS PARKED IN SOCIETY PREMISES ON 23 MAY,2012 AROUND 7.30 PM. GUYZ... AM NOT WRITING THIS TO REVIEW THIS CAR AS BAD... IT IS MY MOST LOVED POSSESSION.. AM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT I HAVE FACED THE TRUTH OF NISSAN AS BRAND... THIS WAS AN UNFORTUNATE HAPPENING WHICH CAN HAPPEN TO ANY CAR... BUT AFTER THE SALES ITS THE AFTER SALES SERVICE OF A COMPANY WHICH MAKES THE DIFFERENCE WHEN THEY HANDLE SUCH CASES.. MY CAR WAS PARKED IN SOCIETY PREMISES, AND AROUND 7.30 IN EVENING FRONT TWO TYRES CAUGHT FIRE... THE REAR END WAS NOT DAMAGED... THE CAR WAS NOT ON, ONLY THE CENTRAL LOCKING SENSOR WAS ON.. AND CENTRAL LOCKING WAS COMPANY FITTED... THEY DO NOT WANT TO ADMIT THAT A PARKED CAR CAN CATCH FIRE FROM INTERNAL SHORT CIRCUIT.. GIVING ME ALL THE EXCUSES THAT OUR ENGINEERS HAVE CHECKED IT THOROUGHLY AND WE DIDNT FIND ANY FAULTY WIRE... I MEAN THIS IS DISGUSTING.. EITHER GIVE ME A REASON OF THE FIRE OR JUST ACCEPT YOUR FAULT... THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT ITS A CASE OF EXTERNAL FIRE WHICH STARTED OUT FROM TYRES.. I ASKED THEM HAVE YOU FOUND ANY INFLAMMABLE SUBTANCE ANYWHERE ON TYRES.. THEY SAID NO ... I ASKED THEM WHETHER ITS BECAUSE OF THE HEAT.. THEY SAID NO.. I MEAN GIVE ME A GODDAMMN ANSWER... AND THEY ARE NOT PROVIDING ANY ANSWER.. THEY ARE PLAYING IT SAFE... NISSAN AS COMPANY HAS FALLED APART IN HANDLING AS BIG AS THIS ISSUE IN WHICH THEIR OWN PRODUCT CATCHES FIRE DUE TO SHORT CIRCUIT... THERE AND THEN I CALLED NISSAN CARE ROAD ASSISTANCE AND AFTER 2 HRS.. THEY SEND ME A TECHNICIAN WHO EXAMINED THE CAR AND SAID SIR IT WAS DUE TO A SHORT CIRCUIT BUT HE DIDNT GIVE ME ANYTHING IN WRITING.. AND MY CAR WAS TOWED TO SKY NISSAN CENTER.. MY PROBLEMS WERE NOT FINISHED THERE... AFTER 3-4 DAYS A TEAM FROM NISSAN CAME FROM CHANDIGARH TO EXAMINE THE CAR AND THOSE NERDS STATED THAT THIS HAS NOT HAPPEND DUE TO ANY POSSIBLE INTERNAL FALIURE... THEY SAID IN THEIR WORDS.. " WE CAN'T TELL YOU HOW THIS CAR CAUGHT FIRE, BUT IT WAS NOT AN INTERNAL SHORTCIRCUIT" ... THEY CHECKED THE SOIL OF THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS PARKED.. FOUND NOTHING.. THEY CHECKED FRONT TWO TYRES.. COULD NOT FIND ANY INFLAMABLE SUBSTANCE.. THEY WERE SO BUSY IN HIDING THEIR FAULT THAT THEY DIDNT EVEN BOTHERED ABOUT THEIR CONSUMER... HOW CAN THEY DO TO A CUSTOMER WHO HAD PUT SO MUCH FAITH IN THEIR COMPANY EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NEW IN INDIA... THEY HAVE NOT HELPED US AT ALL, NOT EVEN ONCE... THEY DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT A CAR MEANS TO A MIDDLE CLASS FAMILY... THE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT IN THEIR HANDBOOK.. AND SPARE ME GUYS.. AM NOT WRITING THIS JUST BECAUSE I HAD A BAD TIME WITH NISSAN.. I MEAN THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE... AM THINKING MINE IS THE FIRST CASE FOR NISSAN.. ALL YOU NISSAN OWNERS AND THOSE WHO ARE THINKING OF BUYING A NISSAN JUST THINK..WHAT IF SOMETHING OF THIS LEVEL HAPPENS TO YOU... I DONT HAVE WORDS TO MENTION THE MENTAL TRAUMA THROUGH WHICH ME AND MY FAMILY ARE GOING... FINALLY WE HAVE LODGED A COMPLAINT IN CONSUMER COURT.. AND WE WILL SEEK JUSTICE FROM COURT... I HAVE LOST MY FAITH IN NISSAN DEALERSHIPS AND MOREOVER IN NISSAN...   ANU SUGGESTIONS.. ANY QUERIES WILL BE MOST WELCOMED... AND i NEED FAVOUR FROM YOU GUYS IN SPREDING THE AWARENESS ABOUT NISSAN'S INCOMPETENCY AND THE LOW LEVEL OF CUSTOMER HANDLING.. I WOULD SAY, THE CAR WAS NOT THE ISSUE... BUT THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING AND ABSOLUTE NOTHING TO HELP A CUSTOMER IN THIS HARD TIME WHICH HE'S FACING AND THAT BECAUSE OF THEM... YOU CAN EMAIL ME ON deep.kohli1@gmail.com Mob - 7838896399

• raj sharma |11 Jun,2012 02:16:31 PM

Hi dear ..it was bad..i am also planning to buy one but your feedback stunned me...what about insurance ..are they giving you insured money..i live in shalimar bagh n planning to buy one sunny xv from RC nissan but customer handling like this is totally f....you should post this on nissan facebook. nobody is making any complaint about the car but everybody is unsatisfied from their customer service ..before your post i thought that it should be good in delhi but your post proves that this is so bad in delhi too.

Deep Kohli |13 Jun,2012 10:47:02 PM

raj, you're right nissan has produced one hell of a car, no problem from the car's side... all the problem is their customer service.. the worst customer service you can expect... sky nissan guyz are not helping me a bit to get this issue resolved... neither Nissan India... I have already file case in consumer court... the next hearing is on 27th aug... now sky nissan is demanding parking charges at 200/- day ... this is getting worse... i really wont recommend anyone to buy nissan.. because you will be dealing with nissan service in future... i cant blv am saying that.. you guyz wont blv how special this car was for me... my first family car.. pls guys spread this as much as you can... you guyz wont blv how worse their customer service is... they dont have common database through which they can give information... no synch bw different departments... at the time of purchase i never cared about all these things... i just knew i have to buy this car... but now am understanding the importance of these things... I will definitely spread this on nissan india page... thenks for the suggestion guyz...

• Amit |13 Jun,2012 01:48:43 PM

put this experience on FaceBook and Twitter. let it spread. i find, the Hyundai after sales service and dealer response too is too casual and arrogant.

Deep |13 Jun,2012 10:48:28 PM

thenks amit.. i will definitely do it.. i just need your support guyz... thenks a lot....

• Mathews |14 Jun,2012 09:48:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your losses.Did you claim insurance?. Also we heard about a lot of cars of other manufacturers are catching fire in recent times. In such cases what is the obligation of the car manufacturer?.Doese any one received any compensation from the manufacturer?.

deep kohli |19 Jun,2012 09:14:15 PM

Well Mathews, its a pretty long proces, but result is very much in your side... if you're really not at fault in the burning and that has happened purely because of manufacturing fault then you just have to file a case in consumer court and ask for compensation or sometimes replacement of car(in case of complete burn) ... i have done the same.. and we will fight this case in court and will seek justice... although there has been absolutely no support from either Nissan or Sky Nissan... they are just sitting ducks... i have not yet applied for insurance... they have given me a bill of 44000/- which includes replacements of parts and all that... out of this sum they have told me to pay some 17000 bucks and rest will be given by insurance.. but i still havent applied for insurance... am seeking full relief from court...

• Kapoor |19 Jun,2012 01:53:41 PM

Thanks for timely info. My plan to own this car is now put off. Might go for Chevrolet or Hyundai.

• MA Motors |20 Jun,2012 12:45:12 AM

if they didn't find anything suspicious out side the car then definitely it's happened with circuit. They have to accept it and also given it in written. Otherwise assign any investigation committee from court then and only then these guy know importance of hard earning money.

• P |06 Jul,2012 08:52:05 PM

Nissan is a joke, then. I tried the Sunny, test-drove the base model, it seems ab it too light for its power, and flew. A bit like the damn i20, which is really a joke. But after reading about your plight, I will definitely not buy a Nissan. Will put this on my Facebook (I have 2500 friends) and LinkedIn (I have another 1500 connections there).

• P |06 Jul,2012 08:52:15 PM

• vivek pal |10 Jul,2012 09:38:02 PM

I want suggestions frm all ,since i m also planning to buy a sunny base model.So kindly guide me..........

tmmathews |22 Jul,2012 12:30:35 PM

Dear Vivek Go ahead and buy the sunny. I own this car for the past 7 months and I can say it is a value for money car.

• iksh |01 Aug,2012 06:11:27 PM

i read all of the above reviews because i too (like others) was considering to buy sunny. being neutral in the case above & with all the wishes for DEEP KOHLI, i just have one question to all of you. Can 1 case like this helps us to conclude that Nissan Sunny is a NO Buy car ? shouldn't we wait to get more reviews from other sunny owners...what's say???

• Deep Kohli |02 Aug,2012 11:17:54 PM

Hey iksh If I tell u in general, every car of any brand comes to the same platform after 3-4 yrs of use ... About Sunny what I can Tell u is, its the best car in its segment at the best price ... If you have read, you will find all good reviews about car itself ... there is no problem with car ... However its the after sales service which is the main concern ... I am not saying that they provide Third-Class service, they provide good service but not up to the mark. After first Three Services, I guess nobody gets his car serviced from company, in case a major setting has to be done which includes engine, then i prefer going to company, otherwise not ... So what i would prefer is you first go and find out that which is the best nissan dealer in your town, find who is good in customer satisfaction ... There's no point in waiting to get more reviews on nissan, because we all know that this car is awesome .... so once you have make up your mind to go for nissan, just find the dealer who is better than others.

• Deep Kohli |02 Aug,2012 11:29:07 PM

Hey Everyone Wanted to share this information that Nissan car dealer Sky Nissan has agreed to pay the full money of repair and they have given us the car 2 days back, it took more than 2 months to get my car back... ohh am sorry ... my caaaaaar back .... lolzzz (am so happy guyz...) .... till the end they didnt say that it was their fault, but they agreed to pay all the expenses (saying we are doing this to retain customer ... bullshit ...) . So in the end, I didnt have to pay anything at all, all they asked us to take the case back and file the insurance .. we did the same ... and they repaired our car and gave it back ... I want to say Thank you to all of you guyz to support me in this matter ... Thank you guyz ...

Yatin |09 Aug,2012 11:21:49 PM

Chalo Deep, All's well that ends up well , was following your case closely. i had really liked the caaaaaarrr but was put off by your case esp. the in difference shown by the dealer for AFTER SALES in this times of Auto slow down. kudos to u for getting your car back. long live Customer . All the Best., Now off to find the best Nissan dealer in MUMBAI..

iksh |17 Sep,2012 02:14:26 PM

congrats deep..its a good news for you & people like us who are planning to be the sunny owners..

• vaidyanathan |04 Aug,2014 04:23:19 PM

Hi, good such a comments are required in market. got settlement ? i thought of procuring this car but now i am getting rethinking of that decision. if service is not good buying those brand is meaning less, because we are the owner we going to lives with car for 5 to 7 years at least.