Excellent Car in Mid Size.

5 people found it helpful. 1977 ViewsWrite Review
  • Appearance

Pros : Wonderful Car, Size, Control, Ride, Comfort

Cons : No USB Connection, No feedback call from Nissan

Look and Style Wonderful better than others in same segment. Comfort Very much lot of space in between rear and front seats as well as between two front seats. Looks like cabin space. Lot of head space. Height of seat and stearing can be adjusted accordingly. Pickup Good pickup, can be seen at signal - most of time it is the first vehicle crossing the signal even when others are taking pickup. Mileage Currently in traffic of Delhi 14.9 KMPL and on highway (on Auto Climate) 15.4 KMPL - Still first inspection has not been done. Best Features Auto Climate control, Dedicated space for keeping the foot away from the clutch, boot space, leg room, etc. Needs to improve Slight Clutch shifting, USB required, music system, in rear no space along with doors for keeping the bottols or matrial / records. Overall Experience Wonderful, my all friends have Honda City but now they always look towards me to give a lift or keys for the test drive. Overall I did a right choice between Honda City and Sunny. Sunny stands out from the crowd and people on road notoices this vehicle.

Comments Nissan Sunny
  • MATHEWS |19 Feb,2012 12:37:58 PM

Congratulations.Your observations are spot on.Here in Bangalore also I didnt receive a single call from Nissan or from the dealer after purchasing the car.This is not my experiance with my other car M800. Believe me, I have received a call from Maruthy recently enquiring about my humble 800 which I bought Eleven years back.Some how I have a feeling that Nissan is hiding behind some curtains and just watching the going on giving an impression that they are too confident about their products or they just dont care about the customers.This is going to backfire on Nissan for sure.

Saurabh Srivastava |20 Feb,2012 08:08:21 PM

You may be true...hope some responsible guy at Nissan to see this discussion. But as far as i Know they must have some strategy for this.

• raj sharma |20 Feb,2012 01:45:00 PM

Hello saurabh.. i am also planning to book XL petrol version.i am also from delhi (shalimar bagh).I have some doubts in my mind n i think u can clear it.. 1) as read on other posts does servicing in delhi is also poor....and what about availability of spare parts. 2) are you really getting 14-15 avg in delhi with AC on.. 3) If i put CNG kit does nissan stops giving service of car (even paid services) finally what about interiours quality and comfort and how much on road XL PETROL version costs.. thanks n have a nice day...

saurabh srivastava |20 Feb,2012 08:18:44 PM

Dear Raj, For points: 1 Not much clear but in delhi they have three center in fact near to your location itself. I don`t think they will any time refuse the service, infact they are planning in big way at India so would not like to disappoint. 2 Yes i m getting 14.8 KMPL, my residence is in Ghaziabad and office is in Shalimarbagh (near to your place)you may any day drop in to my office and can see the gauge. 3 Interior quality - value for money - infact i did not required very bold concept so okie with me...cool and rich and simple, could be not appealing for very young group as no bold colors are used. Rest for me its okie as it will go longer. In my view you may go for pertol in initial days and in subsequent years you may opt for CNG. Infact i love petrol for pickup...rest you are the boss you may opt for ....any machine

raj sharma |22 Feb,2012 12:55:15 PM

Hello Saurabh, Good Morning... Thanks for your valuable reply.I live in Reserve Bank Of India (R.B.I) Colony where is your office..!! you are right on servicing point & i also think same but some user reviews distracted me.Ok thanks again for your valuable reply.Have a nice day..

saurabh |24 Feb,2012 12:59:10 AM

I work in NDPL (Tata power) and my office is in opp. of jaspal kaur public school shalimar bag you are most welcome to come on any working day. Today i found two new service center in NCR, so in coming days there will not be any problem. lets see...

ikshit |17 Sep,2012 01:51:37 PM

Hi Raj, i am a resident of delhi (pitampura). M also planning to buy Sunny & had exactly the same queries that you have. therefore i called up few service centers to crosscheck what they think about the CNG in sunny. Sky Nissan guy on call was hesitant & said that they wont service whereas other nissan service center neo nissan in noida said that they will service it. i am again confused with mixed response. can you help if you got the right answer. can you share your cell no so that we can have a chat on this. mine is 9999726681.

raj sharma |18 Sep,2012 11:03:06 AM

Hi Ikshit ... my number is 09868911702 ...i will call you today

raj sharma |18 Sep,2012 11:06:38 AM

my no. is 9868911702 you can call me anytime or i will call you later...after all my research on sunny my idea is sunny is best in everything specially in this price range nobody is giving these features so i will go for it what about you..

• Jaswant |20 Feb,2012 07:54:58 PM

I am interesting in buying Nissan Sunny XL variant (petrol) but came to know that after sale service is worst.Also spare parts are very costly & not easily available.Please advise. What about Maruty SX4 in place of Nissan Sunny?

saurabh srivastava |20 Feb,2012 08:28:05 PM

I brought wagon r approx. 9 yrs back when no one was trying to buy it - now it is a success story in indian auto industry. Same this time i tried this being a adventures person...lets see it can again become a success story... after sale / service will not be a problem in next few months or year. only problem if they pack and go back - which i think is not possible as they have put up a plant of 2 lac units / year in india and planning to expend to 4 lac unit. Please keep a tab on the no. of unit sold for any vehicle - with that you can make out the progress and acceptance of the vehicle in the market. I planned for the SX4 initially but my friends have - they did not recommended due to bad average some where 9 - 10 KMPL so i choosen sunny.. lets see ....

MATHEWS |21 Feb,2012 05:31:56 PM

Dear Jaswanth. The sevice quality by and large depends on the dealer of your place.I am from Bangalore and as far as the service is concerned,I felt it is good at Bangalore.I am told that the spares are slightly costlier than micra, and the micra spares are reasonably priced. We have to bother more about the reliability of the car IMHO and nissan seems to be a reliable car maker.Afterall it is a Japanese car.

• vinayak |27 Apr,2014 12:57:57 AM

Mathew iam from Bangalore too and planning to go for a mid variant Petrol next month...... my worry is on the fuel efficiency of this big car.. whats your experience on this in City and Highways ?

Nissan Sunny review scorecard