I own a Micra

By for Nissan Micra from Bangalore 2010-11-09 15:46:50.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Its the best small car after having tried my hand with Punto, Ritz and Swift

Cons : It has a bit of twitching while shifting from Neutral to 1st gear... but that might just be me!

Look and Style Absolutely brilliant... has a lovely smooth curve to it... pretty well thought through. But will not please the men who are looking for the macho type... :) Comfort Superb!! very spacious, easy to drive controls including the integrated music system controls. What an amazing city drive experiance. You hardly feel the traffic stress... Pickup Not bad for a 79 BHP vehicle... but cannot compare to likes of Punto and Swift. Mileage The ads claim 23kmpl...but i have got 17.5 kmpl in the last month or so...with AC on almost 50% of times. Best Features The drive comfort...smooth manovuering, truly small turning radius. Has a very sturdy feel to it Needs to improve Service network and Dealer network. But the service and personnel at these places have been very friendly so far... i'm referring to Bangalore. Overall ExperienceIts been a month since i have been driving Micra XL....and damn... its the best small car i have driven... Its easily scores well over the other cars in terms of control, comfort and mileage.. now how i wish i had bought the XV version.... This is the best undoubtedly in comparison to other hatch back. Nissan is one of the pioneers in quality checks & control...definetly better if not equal to that of Honda or Toyota who championed Six Sigma and other quality measures. Japs are a class apart for being immpeccable. I have a common friend who is an automotive expert...he works at Nissan Chennai and he tells me the effort the company puts to ensure the customers gets the best. He goes on to tell me that the quality controls that Nissan puts in....its like they make companies like Hyundai, Maruthi look like a joke! (dare i say this) Although i have my doubts on Service centers but my gut feeling tells me i wouldn't have to sweat on maitainence too much.

• amit |10 Nov,2010 01:24:37 AM

thanks for you detailed review. i am confused between polo and micra and i20.. you got a great average as well.. what do you think about polo ?

Raghu |10 Nov,2010 07:32:58 PM

I'm not sure about Polo really...but i have colleague at office who bought Polo a month prior. And she mentions that its really fantastic. I guess i need to take a look after u have mentioned it. But on the outset its a fantastic vehicle... My personal strong belief is that Japs and Europeans are best in automobile industry.. so any car from these manufacturers are a 'buy' hands down (with exception of a few). But if you look for a resale value...then Jap company cars are best. Euro Cars = Power...and Jap Cars = Performance is my mantra (This maybe my prejudice). Coming back to Polo i feel it has some really slick features from what i hear...since both cars are great in its own right so you don't need to worry about their ROI...then it wud come down to price and features Although Polo is a tad expensive in comparison to Micra.. I suggest you make an apple to apple comparison for features. Below is the on-road cost of Micra in Bangalore XE = 490818 XL = 576013 XV = 652540 You can check the same for Polo and see if you wud get the features worth its money. You can consider the engine quality here is good for both cars.

• ajay |23 Jan,2011 07:31:19 PM