Being in a city, happy with Micra(Diesel) !

By for Nissan Micra 2012-2017 from Chennai 2012-03-14 11:38:18.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks; fuel economy; slick features; lesser turning radius; nice interiors; air-conditioner;

Cons : light engine; suspension(little bumpy); missing under-thigh support in driver seat;

Look and Style-Look is definitely unique and looks striking ! Comfort-There is scope for improvement in seats, but otherwise comfort when in the vehicle is good! Pickup With 4-5 people in the car, and with AC on, at first and second gears the vehicle has less power. Especially, the lag in the first 2 gears is quite visible! Mileage-Awesome. I get 21.4kmpl in city conditions(Chennai), and sometimes it comes cheaper than public transport! Best Features Looks; fuel economy; slick features; lesser turning radius; nice interiors; air-conditioner; Needs to improve light engine; suspension(little bumpy); missing under-thigh support in driver seat; Overall Experience After so much of analysis, I went for micra diesel, as my preferences were(in decreasing priority): Mileage, comfort, less-maintenance, power, a decent city vehicle. I am very much happy with Micra.I've started to see many micras on the road in the last 2 months and it is increasing quite fast. If the improvement points are fixed, it can give stiff competition to other vehicles in this segment. In my knowledge, it's competitors are(in ranks): Ritz Diesel, Swift diesel, i20, polo, liva, beat ....

• biju |05 Apr,2012 10:10:55 PM

is it worth of buying micra diesel, as m using swift diesel now..

Srinivasan |28 Apr,2012 12:18:00 AM

If your swift is not too old, I would suggest to stick with it. Micra is not as powerful as swift. It might suffice the needs of city driving.

biju |28 Apr,2012 08:23:09 AM

thanks for ur valuable feedback..!!

• Mahesh |16 Sep,2013 10:55:37 PM

How is the quality of the service and costs ?. Which dealer services your car and do you recommend them ?

Srinivasan |30 Nov,2013 03:03:24 PM

I give it at Gerugambakkam, Chennai service center. Quality is service is not bad. I've been using XV Premium Diesel for 2.5 years now. It has been giving mileage of 21 in city. The build is also good until now, no vibrations/noise/screeches.

• karthik |25 Dec,2013 12:47:11 AM

Is it really giving you that mileage? My nly criteria for buying a vehicle is fuel ceconomy. Will micra fit in my needs? I'm a bachelor student, need a car just for commutation. So comfort, pickup doesnt matter to me. Only fuel consumption