Rating of Maruti Wagon R

Wagon R Feels Like A SUV

d
deepak
On: Aug 09, 2011 | 5391 Views

Look and Style: The Wagon R is not a compact car, its an SUV. I?m back after driving over 50 days.Its a superb car and should come in SUV category. Let me mention some areas after driving the car after 50 days.

Engine - Engine is very refined, intelligent and powerful. With 32 * 4 technology you get more mileage and more responsiveness. The engine is super silent when I first cranked the engine I had to race the engine to make sure whether the car has started or not. Starter motor sound is just too excellent. So I will give 10/10 to the engine of my Wagon R.

Gear Box:- It is the only area where WagonR lags behind. Gears aren?t that smooth as were expected during the test drive. Might this may be resolved after 2nd service. The reverse gear is pretty hard. Here I will give 6/10 to the gear box of my WagonR.

Suspension- Suspension is just excellent, both at moderate or higher speeds. it is very comfortable to be in a WagonR. Here I will give 10/10 to the suspension system of my Wagon R.

Dashboard- Quality of plastic and switches is better in WagonR. Dashboard is very broad and good too. So I will give 9/10 to the dashboard of my WagonR.

Drivability: WagonR is a superb car to drive. Its just like you are driving an SUV, the car is solid and hence manoeuvrability is also good. Drivability gets 10/10.

Seating:- The car has very high seating, which means it is very easy for me to get in/out of my car. Plush upholstery is very comfortable; rear seats can accommodate 3 people easily and are very comfortable. The adjustable head restraints enhance its looks. So here I will give 10/10 to the seating of my WagonR.

Cabin Space- WagonR is a spacious vehicle. It has space and more space. It is incredibly spacious. Scores 10/10 here also.

Mileage - My car is giving me 16.1Kmpl with AC on always. I?m myself very confused that how I?m getting such incredible mileage, I may be following the instructions given by my dealer. Score 10/10 again.

Utilities:- Here I?m pretty disappointed ?cause WagonR has provision for only 2 small speakers. I have installed Sony CDX MP3 system worth Rs. 11000 but worse are speakers worth Rs. 890. I was wishing to have 4 speakers but there is no provision for that. So I will give 5/10 to utilities.

AC - Very powerful and efficient. It starts chilling just after turning it on without compromising on engine power and mileage. Here AC scores 10/10.

LOOKS - The car looks stunning with aggressive broad front grille and huge headlamps. Looks are stunned even more with the addition of its rear spoiler with integrated stop lamp. Car?s broad bumpers further enhance its looks. Here the opinion may vary but I will give 10/10 to its looks.

So I made a smart decision of purchasing the WagonR. In short, it is an excellent vehicle with zero vibrations, noise has excellent looks and included utilities.

Other Wagon R Reviews

The Only Drawback In New Wagona R

I already have two Wagon R since the last few years. Except for the fuel economy both are good cars .The new car...Read More

On: Sep 04, 2010 | 181041 Views

• A
    A Guy Has No Name .
    On: Oct 19, 2015 | 9540 Views

Value for money. 35,000 KM driven

Hi guys, I bought the car in Aug-2010 when the blue-eyed version was newly launched. The on-road price in Dehrad...Read More

Maruti Wagon R Further Research