Wagon R Feels Like A SUV

By for Maruti Wagon R from New Delhi 2011-08-09 12:34:06.0
  • Appearance

Pros : WAGONR IS A SUV NOT A COMPACT CAR!!!

Look and Style: The Wagon R is not a compact car, its an SUV. I?m back after driving over 50 days.Its a superb car and should come in SUV category. Let me mention some areas after driving the car after 50 days.

Engine - Engine is very refined, intelligent and powerful. With 32 * 4 technology you get more mileage and more responsiveness. The engine is super silent when I first cranked the engine I had to race the engine to make sure whether the car has started or not. Starter motor sound is just too excellent. So I will give 10/10 to the engine of my Wagon R.

Gear Box:- It is the only area where WagonR lags behind. Gears aren?t that smooth as were expected during the test drive. Might this may be resolved after 2nd service. The reverse gear is pretty hard. Here I will give 6/10 to the gear box of my WagonR.

Suspension- Suspension is just excellent, both at moderate or higher speeds. it is very comfortable to be in a WagonR. Here I will give 10/10 to the suspension system of my Wagon R.

Dashboard- Quality of plastic and switches is better in WagonR. Dashboard is very broad and good too. So I will give 9/10 to the dashboard of my WagonR.

Drivability: WagonR is a superb car to drive. Its just like you are driving an SUV, the car is solid and hence manoeuvrability is also good. Drivability gets 10/10.

Seating:- The car has very high seating, which means it is very easy for me to get in/out of my car. Plush upholstery is very comfortable; rear seats can accommodate 3 people easily and are very comfortable. The adjustable head restraints enhance its looks. So here I will give 10/10 to the seating of my WagonR.

Cabin Space- WagonR is a spacious vehicle. It has space and more space. It is incredibly spacious. Scores 10/10 here also.

Mileage - My car is giving me 16.1Kmpl with AC on always. I?m myself very confused that how I?m getting such incredible mileage, I may be following the instructions given by my dealer. Score 10/10 again.

Utilities:- Here I?m pretty disappointed ?cause WagonR has provision for only 2 small speakers. I have installed Sony CDX MP3 system worth Rs. 11000 but worse are speakers worth Rs. 890. I was wishing to have 4 speakers but there is no provision for that. So I will give 5/10 to utilities.

AC - Very powerful and efficient. It starts chilling just after turning it on without compromising on engine power and mileage. Here AC scores 10/10.

LOOKS - The car looks stunning with aggressive broad front grille and huge headlamps. Looks are stunned even more with the addition of its rear spoiler with integrated stop lamp. Car?s broad bumpers further enhance its looks. Here the opinion may vary but I will give 10/10 to its looks.

So I made a smart decision of purchasing the WagonR. In short, it is an excellent vehicle with zero vibrations, noise has excellent looks and included utilities.

• harsh |09 Aug,2011 03:41:24 PM

hey that's great, I just booked wagon r cng lxi midnight black today. will get my hands on it tomorrow!!!!

• aasif |13 Aug,2011 06:30:02 AM

may i know the model of the wagonr car with power stairing and central locking facility with air conditioning

• Sanjoy Ganguly |13 Feb,2012 09:12:03 PM

I have bought my Maruti Wagon R VXI on 11-11-11. I think this is the best family car in its segment. Milage :- 16.5Km with Ac Suspension :- Very Smooth riding comfort. Look :- I am proud of a photograph standing beside my car. I don't know whether it's music player is having with Remote Control or not. thanks to Maruti Suzuki for manufacturing a nice car like this. I will suggest everybody not to get confused in Advertisement before a test drive in Maruti Wagon R BS-IV

• nitin |09 Apr,2012 05:45:13 PM

Everything is excellent except some more stylish should be added and make appearance more preety.