Ideal Car For City Use

7 people found it helpful. 1976 ViewsWrite Review
  • Appearance

Pros : Driving comfort and control

Cons : front windshield frame on the rightside obstructing driver's right corner view

I had an 800 with me for the past ten years and it served me well though it was a second-hand car. When the car started ageing, I was forced to buy another one, though I very much liked to keep the same car with some repairs at a cost of around 30-35 K rupees. But after some mathematics, I decided to go for a new Maruti 800. While at the showroom, the salesman at KALYANI MOTORS, Mysore Road, Bangalore, took me for a test drive in 800 and then asked me to just try Wagon R to experience the difference! And I immediately fell in love with the comfort it gave me while driving--in terms of steering comfort with power and braking efficiency, the panoramic view from the driver's seat, the smooth gearshift. So when I decided to go for Wagon R, the salesman sensed my money shortage, and respectfully arranged for a loan for the remaining amount. Since February 2010 I am enjoying my daily trip to my clinic about 10 kilometres away, and my wife is making good use of the vehicle because she finds it very easy to get into the car and because of the height of the car (unlike 800). So overall I thoroughly recommend to all those budget-minded people to buy the WAGON-R !!

Comments Maruti Wagon R
  • arun chaudhari |14 Sep,2010 02:42:04 PM

I do agree with the fact that Right corner view does get BLOCKED for the driver .This may prove very serious while driving in evening with less visibility OR with low alertness.

• Gullam |18 Jan,2011 03:03:12 PM

I bought new 2010 wagon-r 4months back. I really regret because of its poor performance and poor mileage in city. When there are 4people in the car, I need to go to first gear to get into road-bumps to climb even when a/c is off. I'm getting ~10kmpl mileage in city; ~16kmpl on highway.

Maruti Wagon R review scorecard