Good car

• Appearance

Pros : Space inside

Cons : Shape

Look and Style: Worst looks amongst all the cars available.

Comfort: While it loses in looks, it gains in its comfort. When I tried to sit in the driver's seat of Alto, my thighs would touch the steering wheel. Wagon R is that way comfortable for the driver.

Best feature of Wagon R is its rear seats. As its roof is higher, rear seat passengers feel very comfortable. Otherwise, in Zen or other sedans rear seats don't appear spacious.

Pickup: OK

Mileage: When I used to drive in Chinchwad, it would give me an average of 13.5 kmpl. Now in Goa, it gives me an average of 20-21 kmpl as I drive mostly on highways. This is more than what ARAI has claimed [18.9 kmpl]. I drive usually at speed of 50-60 kmph. May be at higher speeds the average will be less.

Best Features: Space, space and lot of space inside.

Needs to improve: I now like it the way it is.

Overall Experience: Nice. I have driven it for 16000 Km in some 20 months. Initially, I used to dislike its shape. But once inside, you realise  that it is a very spacious car.  One has to be careful while driving down the slope where there is a turn. You will feel as if the car will roll over. Need to slow down and have proper control on brakes. That's when you realise that all other cars go past you. Other than this particular aspect, it is a wonderful car. And of course, it is less costly than Swift and Ritz.

Comments Maruti Wagon R
  • nilesh nadkarni |12 Feb,2013 09:58:09 AM

For 7 consecutive years WagonR was the best selling small car in Japan. Only last year, sales of Honda Nbox has exceeded to be best selling small car in japan. So in the country where it is produced, Wagon R is amongst the most liked car. I should add that Maruti Service is very good. Twice I left the car lights on. The battery got exhausted and car wont start. After calling Maruti On Road Service, their technetian came for help in 45 mins at night. So once you buy Maruti car, good service is assured. I am not sure about other cars.

• nilesh nadkarni |12 Feb,2013 10:06:33 AM

Wagon R engine is also very silent. Till 20000 kms. There was no sound coming from it. Now it does produce some sound audible in the cabin. I have driven almost 27500 Kms now. However, I found Alto K10 very noisy while driving even though it had just covered 3000 Kms. Also gear shift of Wagon R is very smooth. Boot is spacious. At the cost of Rs 80000 more than Alto, it is definitely better buy to Alto.

Maruti Wagon R review scorecard