Rating of Maruti Wagon R

N
Nilesh Nadkarni
for LXI
On: Aug 03, 2012 | 3803 Views

Look and Style: Worst looks amongst all the cars available.

Comfort: While it loses in looks, it gains in its comfort. When I tried to sit in the driver's seat of Alto, my thighs would touch the steering wheel. Wagon R is that way comfortable for the driver.

Best feature of Wagon R is its rear seats. As its roof is higher, rear seat passengers feel very comfortable. Otherwise, in Zen or other sedans rear seats don't appear spacious.

Pickup: OK

Mileage: When I used to drive in Chinchwad, it would give me an average of 13.5 kmpl. Now in Goa, it gives me an average of 20-21 kmpl as I drive mostly on highways. This is more than what ARAI has claimed [18.9 kmpl]. I drive usually at speed of 50-60 kmph. May be at higher speeds the average will be less.

Best Features: Space, space and lot of space inside.

Needs to improve: I now like it the way it is.

Overall Experience: Nice. I have driven it for 16000 Km in some 20 months. Initially, I used to dislike its shape. But once inside, you realise  that it is a very spacious car.  One has to be careful while driving down the slope where there is a turn. You will feel as if the car will roll over. Need to slow down and have proper control on brakes. That's when you realise that all other cars go past you. Other than this particular aspect, it is a wonderful car. And of course, it is less costly than Swift and Ritz.

Other Wagon R Reviews