A Value For Money Pick

By for Maruti Wagon R from ahmedabad 2010-10-23 18:16:55.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Head room, smooth gear shift

Cons : Reverse gear gets stuck at times

Look and Style: The car is not really great in terms of the looks and the styling, however, it offers pretty decent looks. The car is cheap in terms of the price tag and thus one does not expect much in terms of styling. The designers have still done a pretty good job as the car looks nice and if well maintained is an attractive piece to own.

Comfort: This is one area that I can go on and on speaking about as the car is simply superb in terms of riding and seating comfort. The leg room and head room is amazing and that makes drives really smooth and comfortable. I feel that the driver cabin is big enough to make one feel like sitting in a big car.

Pickup: I love the pickup offered by Wagon R. It is very smooth even when the AC is switched on, which is  an important feature for a car to possess.

Mileage: I get a mileage of around 14 kmpl in city and that too when the AC is always ON. What more can I ask at this front?

Best Features: The best features if asked to be picked would be the riding comfort, the smooth drive and the headroom offered by Maruti Wagon R.

Needs to improve: I feel that the car maker should look into working on the right-hand panel of the car as it hinders the vision most of the times.

Overall Experience: Has been nice.

• Anand joshi |25 Oct,2010 10:18:57 AM

Reverse gear is not so smooth. AC not much effective. Front grill creates a little disturbance in visibility. Handling is quite good. LPG version will prove to be success. However,Overall a good car within budget.

• Jai |26 Oct,2010 07:56:16 PM

Reverse gear is not smooth. visibility on right hand side is not good. but it offers great leg & head room

• Jai |26 Oct,2010 07:57:04 PM

where can i get the styling done ?

• mahesh |28 Oct,2010 11:54:22 AM

I am getting poor milege 11 km/liter when ac switched on.......and getting 15 when AC is switched off...... Pick up is not good when switched on AC and seating capacity is 4. For single person Wagon R very good vehicle.....

• Nagarjuna |28 Oct,2010 10:46:56 PM

I'm enjoying the new WagonR VXI. Really Superb driving experiance & comfort, and reverse gear struck at some times. Right now getting 14.5 kmpl in city, and i may get 15.5 after 1st service.

• guman singh rathore |29 Oct,2010 01:29:30 PM

please provide the tata indica dls details

• v.venkatasalam |01 Nov,2010 12:13:03 PM

Reverse gear is not smooth.My LPG Wagon R is economic and comfort.Easy to park in Busy town area.

PJhingan |04 Nov,2010 07:14:57 PM

I wish to know more details from Mr.V.Venkatasalam how the Wagon R CNG is functioning.Did you find trouble with pick up when AC was on.What is the average.Is it easy to get CNG in your town

• thulasi |07 Jan,2011 12:03:11 PM

I would like to buy a vagaon R . which moedel is good?

CarDekho Team |07 Jan,2011 12:55:40 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that Maruti Wagon R VXI ABS is the top end model of Wagon R variant line up and if you are looking for a vehicle without ABS(Anti-lock Braking System) then you can certainly opt for Maruti Wagon R VXI. Thanks

• Ani |21 Jan,2011 04:33:55 PM

Tell me about wagon R's music system. Does it have a USB connector?

CarDekho Team |21 Jan,2011 06:06:22 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that new Maruti Wagon R has got USB port in the music system. Thanks

• Ani |21 Jan,2011 04:40:51 PM

Which one is better-WAGON R or i10

CarDekho Team |21 Jan,2011 06:11:05 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that both the cars excellent, maintenance cost of Wagon R is slightly less as compared to Hyundai i10. Hyundai i10 has been a dominating hatchback in its price range but the cost of Hyundai i10 is slightly higher as compared to Maruti Wagon R. Thanks

• SANJAY |26 Jan,2011 03:56:18 PM

which one is better - WAGON R OR ZEN ESTILO COMPARING FUEL EFFICIENCY, MARKET RATING & COMFORT. I M PLANING TO BUY SOON. SHOULD I GO FOR THE TOP VARIENT OR ELSE KINLDY WITH LOGICS.....

• chirag |16 Feb,2011 02:37:03 PM

i bought my wagon r on 27 dec 2010, first service and 1200 km done but still the average is not more than 12 km/l in city. can anyone help me..

• ankur |31 Mar,2011 10:18:26 AM

• CarDekho Team |31 Mar,2011 10:33:16 AM

The Estilo and the Wagon R are both powered by the sam 998cc KB10 K Series engine and not much of a difference in the 2 models except for the exterior body shape and design, the fuel efficiency figures are also very much similar.

• Anuj |14 Apr,2011 09:32:27 AM

Does wagor r vxi(not ABS) comes with all four power windows?