Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel Review

By for Maruti SX4 from Bangalore 2011-03-23 13:53:48.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Great Look, Good Mileage, Easy Manuavering

Cons : Poor Side and Rear Visibility

Done 2000 KMs in 10 Days with a mix of 700 in City and 1300 Highway with Over All Milage of 19 KMPL.  Noise and Vibration Less Interion, Easy entry and exit from the Car, Less distrubance on Speed Braker and Patch Holes, Touched 160 KMPH for 50 Sec no ratelling noice, Ample Boot Space, Good Pick up after 2200 RPM (Due to Turbo). Problem while backing up due to poor visibility (Head Rest of Co Driver hides a major visibility), A Bar at the Driver side creating problem on visibility while taking right turn, Non Foldable Rear Seat, No Rear Right Light while backing up(The same used as Fog Lamp). AC not working after first Service.

• siddhesh |28 Mar,2011 05:02:07 PM

I WANT TO BUY A CAR WHICH IS A POWERFUL ONE WITH ALL THE FACILITIES IS THIS CAR THE ONE I NEED

chanakya |06 Apr,2011 07:05:02 PM

What is ur budget???? If u r looking for petrol sedan, go for Honda City. If looking for a diesel sedan, go for Vento. If looking for a chaffuer driven car, go for Manza.

mamba |07 Jun,2011 04:08:23 PM

you bettetr tey veyron that will suit u

• Shanmuga Priyan |28 Mar,2011 05:17:44 PM

I Don't say this machine is not powerful one. This one touches 140 - 160 KMPH easily on wide roads with good road grip and gives me more confidence while turning at high speed. With 1K KMS more, i'm getting more comfortable with this car. May be the initial pickup is less due to the Diesel Engine when compare to Petrol variant, but stands high when compare tot he other Diesel variants in this class. No difference in the speed and pickup with full passenger load of 5 members and 150 Kgs on the boot.

• harpal singh |30 Mar,2011 12:07:48 PM

Im planing to buy a new car and i like SX4 diesel very much...I had test drive of SX4 Diesel, its driving experience was awesome, very smooth, made for city driving and i knw i wud be great on highways..but im confused coz of rumours regarding launch of new Verna RB in a month coz here in Amritsar Novelty Hyundai is not taking booking for Verna Transform diesel they r telling their customers that Verna RB is Coming soon... please give me advice that which car i should opt for...should i wait for Verna RB or I should go for SX4 diesel.

anuj |28 Apr,2011 12:55:41 PM

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY WAIT. I OWN SX4 DIESEL ITS MILEAGE IS POOR ONLY 14-15KMPL. SUSPENSION IS AGAIN DISAPPOINTING FEATURE OF THIS CAR. OR BUY VENTO

Hiranjith.kp |03 Apr,2013 12:30:12 PM

sx4 is best

• peekay |03 Apr,2011 05:45:29 PM

i wood like to know your

• k |13 Apr,2011 10:37:51 AM

tell me on road price of your sx4 vdi

• karan |13 Apr,2011 10:42:21 AM

swift vdi & sx4 vdi engine is same .

Dilsheerali |22 Jul,2011 08:38:53 PM

Actually both are same...but the power is very large in sx4 compare to swift..and also torqe is very high in sx4...

• anuj |28 Apr,2011 12:57:44 PM

BOSS I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW YOUR DRIVING STYLE AND CONDITION BECAUSE I AM NOT GETTING MORE THAN 15 KMPL EITHER IN CITY OR HIGHWAY DRIVING AT CONSTANT SPEED. DO SHARE.

Manu |26 May,2011 02:30:52 PM

I have driven the SX4 diesel ZDI for 2 months now over 2000 km.... certainly not underpowered.... giving me a mileage of 18 in Bombay... quite brilliant work by the Maruti engineers

Shanmuga Priyan |26 May,2011 03:25:35 PM

With the experience of 10000 Kilometer on City and Highway condition in and around Bangalore, SX4 VDi gives the mileage range between 17.5 - 19.5 KMPL.

Girish Kamath |19 Jun,2012 05:19:05 PM

My SX4 Vdi has done 13000 kms in 1 year now and the mileage that i have got is fantastic. I am sure that it is 20 kmpl with a full load of 5 adults with luggage in boot. I travelled 1000 kms and my tank still had some diesel in it. Unbelievable but true.

• wakesh choudhary |02 May,2011 03:06:51 PM

im planing to buy a new car but i confused by comment sx4 diesel car its mileage is poor only 14-15kmpl.company provide its car mileage is 19-25kmpl. pls certified by my confusion.

• jeet |08 May,2011 12:51:08 PM

Hi, Can you please guide me, which one is better SX4 ZXI Petrol or Diesel ZDI, on mileage, service and all over feedback point of view? Thanks :)

Shanmuga Priyan |30 May,2011 09:01:58 AM

The Interior and Exterior in both were the same except the Engine. ZXi Engine is more powerful with Less Mileage. ZDi is good in Mileage but not as powerful as ZXi.

• dr madhavarao |28 May,2011 09:07:38 AM

confused-vento diesal highline or sx4d-top end?and why?

Shanmuga Priyan |30 May,2011 09:05:54 AM

I would like to have Vento for its power, Mileage and Look but chosen SX4 as the delivery period is quite long and afraid on the post sales service(As the pre sales service itself was not satisfactory with Volkswagen dealer)

• hitesh mehta |09 Jun,2011 06:46:26 PM

I drive SX4 ZDI .when we are on drive there are wheel noice inside the car .what is that.

sanjay |10 Jun,2011 12:38:14 PM

even i have same problem with my sx4-vdi model. I guess some small stone get stuck in between tyre grip and that makes noice. not sure...but it comes on and off.

hitesh mehta |12 Jun,2011 07:34:32 PM

i think this becouse of tyres

• Goutham |10 Jul,2011 10:34:37 PM

I'm now using swift dzire vdi it's very comfortable with its performance and mileage(20) and planning to buy sx4 vdi but confused with its mileage and doubt its performance can please suggest me

Shanmuga Priyan |11 Jul,2011 09:57:46 AM

With my vehicle done 15,000 KMS now iam getting 17 KMPL. Initially it was 20.5 KMPL, Reduced to 17 after third service.

vipul |01 Aug,2011 10:35:33 PM

Hi there. How are you able to get a mileage of over 20with sx4zdi?? Is there something that I am missing?? Pls tell me bout ur driving style. I cannot seem to get a mileage over 12 in city!!

Shanmuga Priyan |26 Aug,2011 03:40:48 PM

Try with the below basic tips which i was using for the past 7 years 1) Do Not Over accelerate / Decelerate the vehicle 2) Avoid frequent Braking 3) Drive the car in proper gear 4) Check the Tyre pressure regularly 5) Maritain 2500 - 2750 RPM

• vipul |20 Jul,2011 10:23:45 PM

hi there i have booked my sx4 zdi recently after looking at other diesel cars available in current market. verna diesel was the only car that i thought was much better than it but i dint wanna dish out 11 lac or wait a few more months for the car. can anyone tell me bout how well their sx4 diesels are performing so far???

Shanmuga Priyan |23 Jul,2011 07:22:00 AM

No regret Vipul, I drove 17 K Kms, the machine is very smooth and satisfactory. Good mileage of around 18.x but bit lack in power which felt with full load of the vehicle. When it comes to the Interior and Comfort front row is much better than the back seats.

• vipul |01 Aug,2011 10:28:52 PM

K thanx for your input. I just got my car a were back, so far mileage ain't that great in city(around12 or13) but hope it improves.have done bout a thousand kms so far. The car truly is an uncaged beast!! A pure joy to drive. Wish they had done a better job with the speakers and interiors but on the whole am immensely satisfied and proud to be it's owner!!

• sagar |03 Aug,2011 08:37:26 PM

hey guys i am confused b/w sx4 and vento i love sx4 and way she drives and vento has dull looks compared to the beast(sx4) please suggest which one to buy

• viral |07 Aug,2011 01:38:55 PM

Hi, 3 months back i have booked SX4 VDI, i also done test drive three times but I am not satisfied with air conditioner cooling. is it not good in SX4 diesel???? please help me. I am sure it will help many people. thanks.

Shanmuga Priyan |26 Aug,2011 03:31:42 PM

Even My car AC did not worked within 1000 KMs of purchase, At the first service they had replaced the jet and refilled the AC as a warranty replacement service from then it is working fine and Good. However AC to the Rear seat is not reachable. The size of the car demands one AC vent at rear seat as like Vento an other cars in this segment.

• jashan |11 Sep,2011 06:35:42 PM

which is a good buy:SX4 VDI or Toyota Etios Diesel(VXD) or Hyundai Verna Fluidic(1.6 CRDI) Toyota offers lots of features like abs,airbags, steering mounted controls etc. in same price range of SX4. ????

• georgy |10 Dec,2011 08:22:03 AM

S.S.Priyan |16 Feb,2012 07:18:21 AM

Eventhough the Engine were same, SX4 gives better perfomance as they tuned the engine much better. Moreover you get fomfort on space and luxury in SX4 than Swift. About mileage, I am getting 18 KMPL in city and country road mix in Bangalore region consistant for 35,000 Kilometer done.

• ashish arora |25 Dec,2011 08:24:47 PM

Hi Friends, I am planning to buy Hyundai Verna but i have seen many negative comments about verna....now my mind is diverting. can anyone suggest me sedan car in budget upto 9 laks.

• pooja |11 Jan,2012 10:55:14 PM

Hi I booked sx4 but i heard the rumors about the stop of manufacturing of this car is it true plz help me because i wann to know the reality so that i'll cancel my booking

Shanmuga Priyan |16 Feb,2012 07:23:25 AM

I feel that will be roumer, As such you will not face any problem as the model is successfully running in India and I saw few cars abroad also. Moreover you will not struck into problem in spares especially with Maruti as even now we get full spares for Esteem Model with MGP after almost 10 years of discontinuation of the model.

Ritesh Madhok |07 May,2012 12:03:43 PM

They are mere rumors, Maruti India is in no mood to phase out the SX4, which has been doing really well for the company. Regards

• Edison |15 Feb,2012 02:27:17 PM

I here that any new Sedan SX4 model will be.Is it true?

• ANAND SINGH |27 Jul,2012 11:41:27 PM

in my opinion sx4 diesel is best

• ramesh |16 Dec,2012 07:02:15 PM

I am planning to buy a sx4 diesel car. what is the milage of this car in city drive as well as high ways?

• rajiv |08 Nov,2013 04:10:14 PM

i like sx4 better than maruthi dzire, vento but hyundai fluidic looks sexy. sx4 vdi give good milege and it is fun driving on the highways and not much stress after driving around 700 kms per day