Rating of Maruti Swift

T
Tausif Patel
for LXI BSIV
On: Nov 26, 2016 | 57 Views

Swift has been one of the hot favourite hatches in India for the past 10 years. And I am also one of the happy customers with a good ownership experience and minimum maintenance. Swift is one of the few cars in India that can be customized in many different ways. There are hundreds of aftermarket accessories available and you can convert it to anything given the limit of your imagination.I am using the MS Swift VXI (Petrol) variant and driven over 30k km till now. We are a family of 4 members. It is very spacious and comfortable for the city as well as occasional trips with our luggage. The 1.2L 85bhp petrol engine is peppy and always ready to go. Gearbox is also easy to manage. The cabin feels airy and bright with a good view all around. We are getting a combined city and highway fuel efficiency of 15 kmpl. The boot space is also decent. It can fit in 2 big suitcases and couple of small bags easily.Maintenance and running cost Compared to its competitors in the segment, Swift has the most spacious interiors, superb engine in terms of both power and fuel efficiency, minimum maintenance and running cost and easily available spares all across India. Being one of the hottest selling hatchbacks of the last decade, you can easily find a mechanic in almost all the city or small town in case of any breakdown or repair. So traveling or road trip is never a problem.My only reason to give 4 star rating is in terms of safety. It would have been a 5 star if the safety in terms of airbags, ABS and structural strength had been improved in line with the German competitors.

But I feel all the auto companies are working towards safety and future models will be better than the existing ones in terms of occupant safety.

Verdict:As an owner and long term review, I am a happy customer and enjoying my ride with my Swift. Hope to go many more places in future.

Other Swift Reviews