Swift - why is it the best choice over its rivals?

By for Maruti Swift 2016-11-21 19:02:59.0
  • Appearance

Maruti Swift is a well matured car on Indian roads since a decade!

This review is coming out of comparison of Swift with its counterparts like Polo, Baleno, i20 etc.

There are other players who have been doing heavy marketing and branding for their hatchbacks to woo Indian buyers but Swift still came out as a top choice of India.

Recently I visited Volkswagen showroom for a test drive of Polo as some of my friends were endorsing it for sophistication and German engineering so I wanted to experience that personally. But I was disappointed after taking the test drive. Mainly due to high price packaging for a 3 cylinder engine which was not that exciting. Then their sales executive started pitching on safety features which was quite convincing but didn't really impressed me because now a days every manufacturer is providing that option.

Also, I got a chance to drive Baleno few days back and I felt happy for not buying it. Whenever I make my mind to buy a thing then I want it instantly. I can't wait for months to receive it so I turned down the option of Baleno from my list and bought my swift (vxi-optional) 3 months back.

I'm listing down the things that make swift the best buy over other hatchbacks available in the market.

1. Mini-cooper inspired design of swift makes it look quite unique than its rivals like polo, i20, baleno etc. I found Baleno?s design quite feminine while Polo looks like Tata Indica.

2. It looks sportier and masculine compared to other hatches which mostly falls under sophisticated category

3. Very crispy to maneuver through city corners and equally balanced on highways

4. Steering feedback is excellent which makes my drive lively

5. Interiors are aesthetically well designed which give you that simple, sporty and clean feel. Dashboard panels are very well placed and easy to access.

If compared with Baleno's interiors, I found it quite confusing and that curvy theme turned me down.

6. Infinite customization ideas available in market for swift which is great thing for a guy like me who gets bored very soon with routine stuff.

7. Being in market since too long, availability of parts and skilled mechanic everywhere is an advantage

8. Suspension is tuned way better than Baleno.

9. Gear slotting is very well tuned in Swift to give that sporty feel.

10. Swift is the topper in resale market compared to its rivals.

11. Instrument panel of Swift is a treat for eyes to watch in day as well as night time. Color combination and font of digital display provide you all the essential info at a quick glance and without causing any stress to eyes. While Polo's panel looks dull and Baleno's panel looks overcrowded and causes stress on eyes while glancing it.

12. Plastic quality is not that bad for its price range.

So if you are looking for some excitement on road then Swift is the best choice else Baleno/Polo is good for a sophisticated soul

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this June
  • vaishnav |26 Jan,2017 04:18:58 PM

i really accept that . I am a happy costumer of maruthy suzuki swift vxi . I was really shocked that we could get a sporty,airy muscle car in just 6.49 lakhs. but only one problem that i think they could have managed is interior, nice but not that superb