Rating of Maruti Swift

Swift - why is it the best choice over its rivals?

H
Hemant
On: Nov 21, 2016 | 57 Views

Maruti Swift is a well matured car on Indian roads since a decade!

This review is coming out of comparison of Swift with its counterparts like Polo, Baleno, i20 etc.

There are other players who have been doing heavy marketing and branding for their hatchbacks to woo Indian buyers but Swift still came out as a top choice of India.

Recently I visited Volkswagen showroom for a test drive of Polo as some of my friends were endorsing it for sophistication and German engineering so I wanted to experience that personally. But I was disappointed after taking the test drive. Mainly due to high price packaging for a 3 cylinder engine which was not that exciting. Then their sales executive started pitching on safety features which was quite convincing but didn't really impressed me because now a days every manufacturer is providing that option.

Also, I got a chance to drive Baleno few days back and I felt happy for not buying it. Whenever I make my mind to buy a thing then I want it instantly. I can't wait for months to receive it so I turned down the option of Baleno from my list and bought my swift (vxi-optional) 3 months back.

I'm listing down the things that make swift the best buy over other hatchbacks available in the market.

1. Mini-cooper inspired design of swift makes it look quite unique than its rivals like polo, i20, baleno etc. I found Baleno?s design quite feminine while Polo looks like Tata Indica.

2. It looks sportier and masculine compared to other hatches which mostly falls under sophisticated category

3. Very crispy to maneuver through city corners and equally balanced on highways

4. Steering feedback is excellent which makes my drive lively

5. Interiors are aesthetically well designed which give you that simple, sporty and clean feel. Dashboard panels are very well placed and easy to access.

If compared with Baleno's interiors, I found it quite confusing and that curvy theme turned me down.

6. Infinite customization ideas available in market for swift which is great thing for a guy like me who gets bored very soon with routine stuff.

7. Being in market since too long, availability of parts and skilled mechanic everywhere is an advantage

8. Suspension is tuned way better than Baleno.

9. Gear slotting is very well tuned in Swift to give that sporty feel.

10. Swift is the topper in resale market compared to its rivals.

11. Instrument panel of Swift is a treat for eyes to watch in day as well as night time. Color combination and font of digital display provide you all the essential info at a quick glance and without causing any stress to eyes. While Polo's panel looks dull and Baleno's panel looks overcrowded and causes stress on eyes while glancing it.

12. Plastic quality is not that bad for its price range.

So if you are looking for some excitement on road then Swift is the best choice else Baleno/Polo is good for a sophisticated soul

Other Swift Reviews

• A
    Arun
    On: Apr 28, 2017 | 167 Views

Swift vxi Optional - A great for office executives

It is Great Car. I am very much comfortable with it's performance.Pick up, running and road grip excellent. ...Read More

• h
    hemant
    On: Aug 06, 2016 | 140 Views

It's An Honour To Own The Hatchback

The car is a depreciating asset so please invest smartly. Let me put forward my thought-process which helped ...Read More

• A
    Akram
    On: Jan 17, 2017 | 99 Views

Aam admi Ki gadi

Swift is perfect vehicle of medium family..like maruti 800..My family also loves this car..i have purchase in 20...Read More

• S
    Sagar patel
    On: Nov 07, 2016 | 178 Views

Mr. Perfect Car

I have owned swift vxi. Car have a perfect exterior, look of car is very rich & aerodynamic. The vehicle has...Read More

• P
    Praveen
    On: Dec 31, 2016 | 29 Views

Nice and Most Powerful

Maruti Swift is a car full of power and gives customer the most out of the drive and gives the feeling of hi-tec...Read More

Maruti Swift Further Research