Maruti Swift, Commute with Comfort

By for Maruti Swift from Mumbai 2012-08-11 14:49:49.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Good looks, drivability, Mileage, Engine performance

Cons : Interior quality, Lesser power output than competitors

I am a software engineer and was looking for a suitable car for me. After a lot of research, I decided to go with the proven and potent Maruti Swift ZDI. I bought it 2 months back and already have driven it around 7k kilometers. The first thing that drives your attention towards the Swift is its compact and dynamic design style with some groovy curves. The slot like front grille with Suzuki emblem and huge verticle headlamps is what that attracts me the most. I spend around Rs. 7 lakhs on it but its interiors disappointed me, the plastic quality is poor and so what the fabrics are. But still powerful AC and in-built music system with speakers are good. The cabin space is good and car is so spacious. The front seats are placed with preciseness so the driver gets a good view of road. The second row is spacious and there is no problem of leg space and thigh space. There are enough space for 5 passengers and the boot space is also enough to carry a weekends luggage. The mileage and drivability were the biggest reasons for which I bought this car. I have to drive some 100 Kms daily, so a car that gives a mileage of 22kmpl in diesel is just perfect for me. The 1.3 DDIS engine produces enough power that makes it a perfect urban drive. The car comes with decent ground clearance making it safe from the pot holes and disproportional speed breakers. The 5-speed manual transmission has a very smooth gear shift that enhances drivability. Maruti is best in the country when it comes to after sales services, you can get assistance on a single call and there are number of service centres too. The Swift ZDI comes with ABS so the braking and handling becomes more efficient and precise. On the whole, except the interiors its worth to buy it.