Maruti Swift : Comfortable, Spacious, Pratical

By for Maruti Swift 2016-08-09 19:50:55.0
  • Appearance

A car which would tread treacherous roads and nicer roads with equal ease, look powerful and assertive and give great space and comfort. Got the top end model VXi and have driven it for 1 years now. Not a geek, hence this review is pure as a customer who drives a car without knowing much about the mechanics of it. Just an experiential review from a user.

Pros - Light steering. Accelerates well and only on a sharp incline do I need to switch off the AC for a bit to give extra power. Nice console. Comfortable seats in its class, the best boot space. Just the standard maintenance. Within the city I get a mileage of 20-24 Kmpl. Prior to this, I drove a Wagon-R which (in spite of all the safety) I loved. I like high cars, and the viewing angle allowed me to reverse more comfortably. (I struggle with reversing in tight spots, and hence did not like sedans in India. Abroad I never had an issue, because space is not a crunch). The car comes in small sedan segment, one does not feel that one is seated low. I am glad I took the swift over the other, which I was about to.

Cons - Auto-lock logic is not well designed. After you switch off the engine and get out, after 10 seconds all doors auto lock. But if in between those 10 secs, you reopen a door, the auto-lock won't engage. The internal beige seats and door lining is prone to smudges. Since the car has yet given me no trouble, and I have driven it over rough and hilly terrain (imagine miles and miles of riverbeds and stony paths for a road), fairly regularly it has still not given any issue touch wood.