Maruti Swift: Best bet for a swift lifestyle!!!

• Appearance

Pros : Great looks, superb ride quality

Cons : Less boot space, less accessories

Look and Style: I have got a LXi Swift in Grey  color and the looks of the car are really nice. The rear is interesting with a different sort of tail lamps. The head lights and front too is quite nice. The interiors of the car are done well with appealing dashboard, comfortable seats and elegant fit and finish.  Comfort: The car wins hands down on this front. The driving is so damn smooth in city and on highways that too even after hours of drive that involves maneuvering in tricky traffic, parking pains and constant gear change. The steering glides like water and the gear shift is also comfortable even for females. The head room is sufficient for tall people and so is the leg room. I have a family of 4 people and the seating is very comfortable even with 5 adults. Let me mention that the car comes packed with power steering, tilt steering, even brake assist, power windows, air bags, electronic brake force distribution etc. Pickup: The Swift has got an extremely powerful 1.2 L, 1197 cc K series engine, which is BS IV complaint. In terms of power, acceleration and torque the results are amazing and no complaints whatsoever. Right the moment I key in the car, it zooms like how. Mileage: I went for the Petrol engine as my monthly drive is not much. The engine proves very economical to me and gives me a mileage of 14 kmpl. The DOHC engine provides great fuel efficiency so one can be assured on one of the most important fronts. Best Features: In terms of looks, I like the body colored bumpers,  door handles and colored door mirror cowls. Interesting features in the interiors include Luggage room, Sun visor, day and night rear view, vanity mirrors, digital display trip meter, mirror, etc. There are a lot of storage compartments, a feature really important for all Indian families. The car also comes with advanced braking system, making it a safe bet. Needs to improve: The boot space I feel is not so great and can be improved. The number of accessories are less and also that the car does not come with a CD player, so all this adds to a lot of additional expenses. Overall Experience: Overall the car is superb and a great vehicle to invest money in.

Comments Maruti Swift
  • Ramakant |16 Nov,2010 06:49:54 PM

Completely agree. Only need to do some enhancement on boot space, its really pathetic.

• jeevan kumar k.n |20 Nov,2010 10:43:25 AM

i am intersting secondand maruti swift /alto madel expecting: 2007 from 2008

• P.SIVASWAMY |22 Nov,2010 08:19:10 AM

I am yet to take delivery of Dzire LDI but i am aware of that this class of car is value for money.

• vinod shetty |27 Jan,2011 04:15:32 PM

• Navi |10 May,2012 10:31:50 PM

I plnnd to buy swift in petrol variant lxi model so tell me a milage in petrol variant

• sksingh |23 Feb,2013 11:42:57 PM

should honda Amaze is better than maruti swift, price look and comfort. honda is likley to introduce Amaze in india shortly,

Maruti Swift review scorecard