Maruti Swift - A mixed baggage

By for Maruti Swift 2016-05-06 20:13:57.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Legroom, Interiors, Ride quality

Cons : Power lack, Features, Engine noise

The car has got decent looks. I liked the ambience inside. Drive quality was not that good. I had heard a lot about the Swift but it did not match the expectations. The start stop push button gives you an elite feeling but as soon I started the car, I did not like the engine sound. I found the Figo better.

Even at high rpms, I was waiting for some power but it did not happen. The interiors are good but then again the Polo has got better quality. For someone who wants to seat three people on the backseat, Swift will probably give him no reason to complain.

There are power windows for them and features like cup holder will make you feel good. If you go on family holidays often, boot space is also something which you can like. There is ample space in the swift which I liked alot. Features are good but competition is somewhere i think Maruti is not able to keep pace with. It seems the company has kept all its focus on Baleno just like it did on Swift when it was launched.

But I am no one to tell company about the strategy so let it be. For someone who wants a family car and do not care much about power, I will surely recommend him, Swift. For those who like to chase the fastest one on the road like me, Swift might not turn out to be the best product. He or she should check the Figo as well. I am yet to drive the Polo which is another good car. Also, I might increase my budget and rather go for Baleno.

• Siva |12 May,2016 01:28:33 PM

Witch car is better elite i20 .swift pls reply

ali |15 May,2016 10:54:44 AM

Swift is a family car with good mileage, comfort & aftersales. As a maruti maintainence & service is no issue, whereas elitei20 has a powerful 1.4 engine with premium rich interior, great comfort & excellent ride quality but lacks mileage. So u decide.

Rajnish Rajnish |27 Jun,2016 09:25:33 PM

Swift is far better in his class recently I have bought vxi. And I enjoy it too much

rahil |20 Jul,2016 03:16:05 PM