Great car in the budget in the Rs 5 lakh

• Appearance

Pros : Good looking,great pickup.

Cons : Less fuel efficient, Avg suspension

Look and Style: It has been two years of my Maruti Swift but still, it looks fresh and young as compared to other new cars like Volkswagen Polo, Chevrolet Beat. It posses a classy exterior with leek and curvier body graphics which gives a sporty and aggressive looks.

Comfort: As far talking about its comfort zone it has a fairly comfortable front seats with enough leg space which is really larger than it seems. Also, it is equipped with the steering mounted audio controls.

Pickup: When it comes to its pickup, it has a great pick up and I am sure it is better than any other car in this hatchback segment.

Mileage: My Maruti Swift petrol provides me with an overall mileage of 11.98 kmpl and can be increased when one has a drive on where the car will happily cruise in the tall 4th & 5th gears all day.

Best Features: Maruti Swift features a built-in MP3 player with steering mounted controls, height adjustable steering and a climate control system and alloy wheels.

Overall Experience: As an overall review, I think its worth for money car, as one will get the peace of mind when it comes to ownership costs and its resale value. I will recommend this car to everyone those who likes to go with a budget of 5 lakhs, as Maruti Swift price is in the range of Rs 4,09,341- Rs 5,56,276 (ex-showroom Delhi).

Comments Maruti Swift
  • Aditya ananda pattekar |20 Jun,2011 10:46:50 AM

I want

• Prabakar |21 Jun,2011 11:40:38 PM

I am proud owner of SWIFT VDI and I am getting approx 19KMPL when I am flying on NH. In the last one year I took my car 4 times to my native (ERODE) from Chennai and it was excellent experience. Thanks Maruti / Suzuki . .. Prabakar D.

• Vijaykumar |22 Jun,2011 09:52:06 AM

very very nice car

• karthikeyan |22 Jun,2011 11:48:11 AM

I go with mr.prabhakar,realy its amazing to drive my maruti swift vdi diesel in NH ,i am getting 19kmpl...

• Shripad |23 Jun,2011 07:59:55 AM

Dear Mr.Gouttam, Pls mention in which model of swift, inbuilt MP3,steering mounted controls,height adjustment,climate contral & alloy wheels r available.I dought about space inside the car,may be swift 2011 may have better space,only maruti MSIL should inform about the launch of swift-11. Regards Shripad

• Navas |23 Jun,2011 10:17:14 AM

I book my swift already and by august iam going to be a owner of it, hope will be happy with...

• puneet |23 Jun,2011 10:49:35 AM

New Swift will come not before oct 2011

amit |24 Jun,2011 08:25:57 AM

I THINK MARUTI WILL LAUNCH NEW SWIFT 2nd WEEK OF AUG but i am 82% sure its is not correct becoz maruti changing it mind

ishan |03 Jul,2011 10:28:47 AM

what is this 82% and how did u calculate it?

• saheer |23 Jun,2011 12:12:10 PM

Iam very happy to say iam getting 20 kmpl with Ac NH My swift VDI Thanks maruti Suzuki

• sumi |23 Jun,2011 09:00:28 PM

Pls mention in which model of swift, inbuilt MP3,steering mounted controls,height adjustment,climate contral & alloy wheels r available. In Swift vdi it have?

• Darshan |23 Jun,2011 09:32:58 PM

i am very happy to buy Swift VDI, it looking nice and nice drive in NH.

• Onkar Singh Rajpurohit |23 Jun,2011 10:36:51 PM

i am also getting my swift vdi this month

• Joydip Roy |24 Jun,2011 06:24:21 PM

Yes i am also interested about swift VDI.

• abdul nizam |26 Jun,2011 07:58:38 PM

• abdulla |29 Jun,2011 07:15:41 PM

very nice car

• k.r..n.prasad |30 Jun,2011 02:35:58 PM

I am looking for a car with budget of around 5L, can u suggest me for booking, so i can get new model swift car.

prasad |30 Jun,2011 02:40:54 PM

otherwise suggest me the other alternative car

• Rajartam |15 Jul,2011 11:38:05 PM

I own a swift VDI, and using it for more than 5 year's asnd covered 93000 KM. Great! very good mileage and driving comfortability. still i feel like driving a new car. Thank you Maruthi.

• Ravi Kumar |16 Aug,2011 04:00:10 AM

i am plannung to buy a maruti swift vdi. is it a nice car.

• shanmugasundaram |18 Aug,2011 12:24:55 AM

I like marutiswift.

• VIJAY |12 Mar,2012 12:24:05 AM

We are planning for a medium budget car and narrowed down our search on Swift. Everything is great but just one technical inquiry. Some one told me there is no free play in Swift clutch pedal because of design fault of clutch mechanism. How true it is because this car will be driven by my daughter and I am worried whether the ride on clutch habit may spoil clutch because of no free play in clutch pedal.Secondly how good is the mileage for petrol version? We will appreciate if some one will reply before 23rd March. Thanks

Navi |10 May,2012 10:20:48 PM

hello Mr Vijay.. I read your comment so you bought Swift in petrol version i also planned to buy swit in petrol version so pls help me about the milegae in petrol version.. thanx

• Navi |02 May,2012 12:51:07 AM

hello plz help me i am planning to buy swift lxi so plz revert me regdng milege in city Websie mention 15.7 in city & 18.5 in highway so plz repl if any hve any idea regrdng that...thnx

• pritam |14 May,2012 12:13:23 PM

Hi, I am planning to buy swift vdi. It would be helpful if anyone shares with me the ifs and cons of this model.

• sudheer |02 Jul,2012 09:24:59 PM

HI buying swift vdi can anyone tell me the exact onroad price..

Maruti Swift review scorecard