Car mileage is a big concern

By for Maruti Swift from jalandhar  2011-06-26 11:45:34.0
  • Appearance

Pros : mikeage

Look and Style : Impressive. It still looks stunning.

Comfort : It is the USP of this car.

Pickup : The car has a great pickup in its class.

Mileage: In earlier days, my car has given great mileage, but after I have crossed my 16000 km mark, my car started giving 10km/l in the city which is very pathetic . My car is running smooth but the mileage is a big concern for me , so now I am going to another dealer in my city so that this problem can be solved.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this September
  • uttam |06 Jul,2011 02:08:20 PM

I was thinking of buying Swift VXI, but due increase in petrol price, changed my decesion to go for VDi, but came to know from users that deisel vehicle need to be operated on daily basis.My running will be once or twice in a week, at the rate 50km/week.Is it true that Diesel vehicle need to be operated on daily basis? If not operated daily what are the problem going occur.

Vinay |13 Oct,2011 09:43:27 AM

Uttam, you can go for a petrol version as ur usage is not much. According to u, it will be around 300-500kms per month.. Then u better go for petrol version. Because u would be spending 1-1.5 lakh for diesel version of the same car. Instead of spending it here, spend it for petrol version. It reduces ur maintenance cost(maintenance in diesel is more compared to petrol), And as ur usage is less, u wont be spending more on petrol too. I feel u can go for petrol.. Even my usage is similar to yours and hence i am going for i20 petrol... :)... Dint like swift interior and boot space.. Also waiting period is more.. So i20 magna petrol......... :) :)