Best in Class

By for Maruti Swift 2016-11-22 15:49:46.0
  • Appearance

I own a Maruti Swift for the past 5 years. I bought it when there was no good competitor in the race, unlike today. I will like to share my overall experience with the car.

I found the car nice when I took a test drive. The power delivery is good and the engine noise is also not that loud. Interiors were also good at that time. Swift, since its introduction is known for its sporty looks so that was another reason for my inclination towards the car. But I will like to say things did not remain the same as I bought one.

While the interiors look shiny on first look, the poor quality standard was exposed as I used the car. The other reason why I have stopped liking my car is availability of other options now. I find the Figo really stylish and powerful.

Coming on the maintenance part, Maruti likes to boast about low cost services. I will add here that driving experience is also not very great. Wheel alignment and steering alignment got misaligned usually and I do not like it.

Some or the other part of the car worns out on an average every month. So even if you have to visit a service centre every six months, Swift made sure you visit them every two months even if you wait for two things to wear out. Not a nice thing to be.

I can say if you are someone who likes to maintain your car and values driving experience, look for alternatives. The market is full of options now unlike five years ago. But if you are someone who is just looking for a roof on four wheels with some 'attractive' features, you might buy the Swift.

Nevertheless do not forget to take a test drive before making any decision.