A Real Fun To Drive Car

By for Maruti Swift from kerala 2012-01-17 11:25:20.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Performance, Features, Looks

Cons : Rear boot space, Driver seat height

Look and Style: The all new swift is a real head turner, with its vibrant new colours and aggressive styling. The features that I like the most is the front part which semi-skirted one, integrates with fog lamps. My personal opinion is that the rear part is not as good as the old swift. But after market mods such as a sporty spoiler and mufflers will enhance the look.

Comfort: I frequently change cars and swift is my fourth car. (Not boasting) I would say the comfort offered by swift is just amazing for that price tag. It exceeds expectations and found it WAY better that VW, Ford rivals in the segment (personal opinion) which I had got for a test drive. The ground clearance is good, so need not worry about the huge speed breakers or shatters on the way.

CONS : The AC cooling is good and not excellent, Suzuki could have increased the cooling efficiency. The driver seat height is too low and the height adjuster is available only for top end model. I'm 6' tall and still have problems manoeuvring it, especially while parking and heavy traffic.

Pickup Just mind blowing, 1st  and the 4th gear are my favourites. I feel that there is a lack of power in 2nd and 3rd gears, when I enquired about it at Marui service centre they said the new vet engine was designed to be so. But overall, the pickup and high speed is what makes swift swifter. It takes me to 0-100 in no time.

Mileage: Good, I am getting an average of 16 to 17 kmpl in city conditions with AC on all the time.  The multi-information display which gives instantaneous mileage helps us to maintain economy driving conditions.

Best Features: Looks, handling, automatic OVRM with indicators, multi-info displays and intelligent security systems, cabin noise reduction and engine refinement. The turning radius and electronic power steering are real classy. The interiors are superb, the chrome plating and 2-din music system make it more luxurious.

Needs to improve: Rear boot space, an absence of integrated music player(lxi/vxi). Reduced booking/waiting period.

Overall Experience: In my personal opinion, swift is the best car in the segment, whether its car itself, coupled with aftersales service and resale price. and after all its a HOT beauty.

• Sidhu |18 Jan,2012 08:20:11 AM

Hi Vipin, Yours is Swift petrol right ? You sure petrol swift is giving 16 - 17 kmpl in city with ac on ?

prasanth |19 Jan,2012 05:16:50 PM

Sidhu - Guess vipin is having diesel one...

Sidhu |19 Jan,2012 07:21:42 PM

Prasanth - But he mentioned vvt engine in review. Actually i have booked swift diesel. But if petrol swift can give 16 kmpl with ac on in city, then i wont mind taking VXI. Coz in a month or so govt is gonna tax diesel cars and am expecting delivery of my car in march(though booked way back in august). So wanted his confirmation on mileage.

Vipin |20 Jan,2012 09:56:15 PM

For me , the car is giving an fairly good mileage as quoted above. I do want to quote saying that It depends on ones riding conditions and i usually dont rev up the engine very high and maintain speeds upto 60-100kmph. The VVT engine as far as i know is known for good fuel economy figures. I have a friend of me having swift petrol. He too gets an average of 17kmpl. The highlight feature is it has a instantenous milage indicator in user display, which can be used for betting economic riding.

Navi |11 May,2012 12:55:46 AM

hi vipin hwy i read your comment i also planed to buyy swift lxi ..& litle bit wored about the milege ..so plz let me .thnx buddy

Vipin |11 May,2012 09:07:53 AM

Mileage figures have dropped for me marginally after the first service. Now i m getting 15-16 Avg. But it doesnt matter much. I never turn off the AC, and if i did so, then im confident that mileage figures can be much higher. But i feel petrol is a better options for guys who travel less than 40-50km a day.Else go for diesel, it wont ever burn your pocket!

Vipin |20 Jan,2012 10:00:16 PM

@ prasanth I own a vxi ( petrol) version :).

Vipin |20 Jan,2012 09:57:42 PM

Yup...For me , the car is giving an fairly good mileage as quoted above. I do want to quote that It depends on ones riding conditions and i usually dont rev up the engine very high and maintain speeds upto 60-100kmph.

Sidhu |21 Jan,2012 12:55:36 AM

Thanks Vipin :) Can you please also tell me about its maintenance charges ? I mean servicing costs so far ?

Vipin |22 Jan,2012 03:22:53 PM

@sidhu I have just completed 2000k and first service. First service didnt cost me a thing. It was a zero bill service. Since its a vvt engine there is a no need for oil change till the third service. so that means second and 1st service are absolutely free!!

• Avinash Lewis |19 Jan,2012 08:34:22 PM

My Diseal Swift ZDi gives me 27.8 kms/litre

Sidhu |19 Jan,2012 11:48:17 PM

Hi Avinash - 27.8 kmpl? Its way more than what Maruti claims.

• Sidhu |29 Jan,2012 05:58:52 PM