A car that drives you, to drive it..

By for Maruti Swift 2016-11-21 08:22:51.0
  • Appearance

I don't own a Maruti Swift, but my father does - diesel variant, which I've driven often. A car which feels comfortable from various aspects, offering an enjoyable ride. The specifics & the city mileage are just figures & available online, which I don't want to bore you with.

I want to rather share the experience of driving this car in city traffic & highway alike. The diesel variant's response is smooth to begin with; even in rush bumper to bumper traffic, getting swift around is relatively easy; however for people of smaller stature might find the car & Its seating relatively overwhelming. Once you hit the highway, the car cruises well & hardly makes any vibrations @ triple digit speeds. With ample bootspace & dicky space, this car is ideal for long drives too.

If I were to buy a car in near future, I would certainly prefer Swift - also the resale price in market seems quite reasonable. The Engine performance, aesthetics are all topped by the Maruti assurance of quick & easy repair & spairs availability in remote corners of India.

All in all, Swift is a car that's made for India roads, for medium family size, easily seating 5 people (normal size) & luggage to go with it. On family excursions, its a reliable vehicle to drive in, a decent companion to office, making a signature statement on its arrival. The other variant Dzire is not something I've driven, so can' t comment on it, while I think it wouldn't be much different except for additional dicky space.

Amongst various colors, I personally have found all available colors to be quite appealing, though my personal favorite is the silver version. Having driven the petrol version also, one would clearly see the petrol version is much more responsive & easy to handle (as expected) in city traffic.

Hope to own one soon..