Maruti Swift Dzire - Why do people buy it?

By for Maruti Swift Dzire 2016-06-08 18:21:25.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Power, Maintenance, Space

Cons : Looks, Drive Quality, Interiors

I am planning to buy a sedan for myself so I checked the Maruti Dzire recently. Almost everybody knows about the popularity of this car and after taking a drive I asked myself a question, what makes people buy such a bad car! The first impression was not good as its competitors offer much better looks. The Dzire has not been updated much and this is a negative part.

As far as drive quality is concerned, totally not impressive. The Figo Aspire and the Amaze are much better and I am sure the Ameo will also offer much fun behind the steering wheel. Even the interiors are not of good quality and the plastic inside gives you a bad feel.

Inside the car, you hardly feel it?s a sedan as everything seems to be made for cost cutting. Power was decent and pick-up was good. Space in the second row was decent so as a family vehicle, Dzire might not be that bad. Boot space is also fine to carry a lot of luggage. Maintenance cost is low so if you want four wheels with a roof and big boot, the Dzire again takes lead in the race.

I personally have not liked the Dzire. I have checked the Figo Aspire and the Amaze and I have to visit VW dealership to check out the Ameo. I really don?t suggest you to buy one as other cars are a better package. The Ameo particularly has been launched at a very low price and features offered are amazing.

If you are planning to take the Dzire just because of low maintenance, you might go ahead. But remember you will be buying an old product when you have plethora of other vehicles to choose from.