Maruti Swift Dzire: An absolute killer

• Appearance

Pros : Superb fuel economy, spacious and elegant interiors, well proportioned front fascia, decent performance, Automatic transmission gearbox.

Cons : Outmoded and poky rear.

Look and Style : For quite some time, I was looking to buy a compact sedan and yesterday I got a chance to test drive new Maruti Swift Dzire. The decently built front fascia of the car looks pleasing. The simple yet elegant exteriors perfectly suit the appearance of an entry-level compact sedan. The uniquely looking and positioned hawk-eye headlamps further enhances the elegance of a compact sedan. But the rear side of the car needs more engineering as it looks quite shabby.

Comfort : The new Swift Dzire is a perfect compact sedan to accommodate five adults comfortably. The class leading,good quality fabrics and plastics are used which provides an elegant ambience inside the car. The most stunning part of the interiors, which stunned me is its dash that houses a well proportioned central console. The extravagant and luxurious interiors provide an amazing and pacifying experience.

Pick-up : When I underwent its test run, I experienced that the car accelerates from nil to 100 km per hour in a few seconds.

Mileage : As per company norms the new Dzire diesel offers an extravagant fuel economy of 23.4 Km per litre, while petrol sedan delivers 17.4 km per litre. But I feel it would easily provide a mileage of about 20 km/l.

Best Feature : Amazing fuel efficiency, the car includes various technological features which further enhances the utility of the car.   Need to Improve : The rear side of the car needs to be modified as it does not look impressive.

Overall Experience : In my opinion, his car well suits Indian roads. One can easyli drive it through the busiest and narrowest Indian roads.

Comments Maruti Swift Dzire
  • S.G.Nair |06 Feb,2012 08:25:06 PM

I am an own a swift Dzire.Now lookingforward to know about the new model.

• yash |07 Feb,2012 10:21:53 AM

it is sad to know maruti has not fully passed the benefit of below 4 meters tax benefit to the customers.price difference between new dezire and old dezire should be more than 60 thousand...but company has only passed 25 thousand

• G K Naik |07 Feb,2012 01:16:10 PM

Just now, I booked a D-ZIRE ZDI model from RNS Bangaluru. My family was quite impressed with the interiors! But do not know what will the performance of Diesel version? I am sure it will be ok. But vehicle will be expected to deliver after 6-months.

vikram subramanyam |15 Mar,2012 08:00:46 AM

For almost the same price you are getting Toyota Etios and it is a better vehicle too. you can check it out and waiting is much lesser.

raju |21 Feb,2015 06:58:12 PM

Be lndian swift is good better best for Indian road

raju |21 Feb,2015 06:58:32 PM

Be lndian swift is good better best for Indian road

• manoharan |07 Feb,2012 04:02:09 PM

NO AT gear box for Diesel

• Abdulla |07 Feb,2012 07:42:58 PM

Why maruthi not providing Diesel Vehicles in Automatic gear?

pankaj bhadiyadra |08 Feb,2012 12:49:04 PM

not only maruti but no other company in india which provide diesel automatic gear box below 10 lac in sedan or hatchback.

• vikram narendra srivastava |10 Feb,2012 07:02:33 PM

it should be get cheaper by 25 to 30 thousand more then i say yes thats thecar i need.

• PARDESHI RATANSINH |21 Feb,2012 07:36:23 AM

i am booked new maruti swift dzire vxi model. very attractive look & conmfertable

sunil |04 Mar,2012 10:30:01 PM

alloy wheels and tubeless tyres and adjustable seats are not in varian vxi

• raja |23 Feb,2012 12:41:31 PM

• K Khwaja Abbas |08 Mar,2012 12:11:24 PM

I've booked new dzire VXI, interiors are very good. But I'm confusing with color between pasific blue/beige/silver. Pls suggest which will be nice?

muthu |08 Mar,2012 03:52:20 PM

silky silver

karty |08 Apr,2012 02:26:56 PM

Silky Silver.

• basheer |09 Mar,2012 06:39:23 PM

I have booked new dzire VDI . please suggest which colour will be nice? becuase totally i am confused.

nikhil |16 Jun,2012 12:32:07 PM

hussain |18 Sep,2012 03:34:40 PM

pearl white

• Anonymous |14 Mar,2012 04:17:19 PM

I want to book new swift dzire but its booking period is too long and i am afraid for the price hike after budget.Please advise.

vikram subramanyam |15 Mar,2012 07:58:02 AM

I too waited for a long time, but it is worth it. U won't regret the decision.

Sumit Kanabar |22 Mar,2012 01:26:53 PM

After going through test drives of many cars including the new Ford sedan, the Hyundai Verna Fluidic and the new Honda City, I chose the petrol ZXi Swift Dezire. The handling is superb, excellent pick up, takes on hills effortlessly, nice suspension and great value for money in spite of me paying about 15k extra after the budget. Someone has asked about what colour he should go in for. I have booked a white car which I feel is a colour I would not get bored with over time. The other colours may look striking at first, but you would get bored of the colour in no time.

• vinod kumar |30 Mar,2012 05:26:43 PM

I have booked ZXI in the fitst week of feb in BAREILLY UP. but i am still waiting .cam any tell us the real waiting period as dealer is saying it 6 maonth.

atul sethi |04 Apr,2012 01:22:47 PM

The waiting period is approximately 6-8 weeks.

vinod kumar |19 Apr,2012 12:03:14 PM

finally we get the car on 9th april. thanks.

venu gopal |17 Apr,2012 11:53:10 PM

booked ZXI in feb month thru INDUS MOTOR,Chennai with a max.waiting period of one month but still waiting and dealer says no waiting list and schedule of delivery with him. now there is no clue of waiting period with him. is it worth to wait for 6 months!!!!!!!

• karty |08 Apr,2012 02:28:26 PM

Last month I booked the Dzr VDI and its delivery on 1st of May. its a silky silver. Im waiting for delivery..

• Suvo |02 May,2012 01:07:17 PM

I booked a DZIRE ZXI on 23rd April in kolkata... Waiting period as promised me by the dealer is six weeks... I would keep a tap after every week ...

• rakesh sharma |17 May,2012 04:33:56 PM

• harjinder singh |07 Jun,2012 08:31:28 AM

anyone knows abt average in city........

• Arjun |03 Jul,2012 09:26:56 PM

18kmpl is the mileage i got in city with A/C in diesel version.

kannan |28 Mar,2016 12:32:40 PM

am also confirm 18 KM per lr diesel model shift dzire

• syed kaleem |05 Jul,2012 04:25:49 PM

hi how is the car now

• deepa |17 Jan,2013 07:52:49 PM

I have booked VXI in the month of OCTin Popular chennai . but i am still waiting .Can you tell me when i will get my dream car

• dr sharath |01 Feb,2013 03:23:57 PM

is maruti going to do anything about the boot any time soon?

• Chandrashekhar Kuvalekar |09 Feb,2013 11:06:41 PM

I had just taken a test drive of VXI model ,its smooth accelaration, engine performance,braking system & overall comforts impressed me alot. rear sets seem to be little short to accomadate three medium sized adults comfortably Overall a good car. I am planning to buy one next week

• S.K.Azad |14 Feb,2013 01:53:28 AM

I want to choose a car (diesel) among Swift dezire zdi, Sx4 zdi, Verna sx1.6 diesel, Honda amaze diesel (to be launch in March 2013). Please suggest me which is best car for more mileage,less maintenance, low running cost

• NAVEEN |07 May,2013 11:41:48 PM

i planned to bought a car.which is better on these; dzire/etios/sail.

• madhu |04 Apr,2014 04:47:44 PM

I was looking for sedan with good interior best value for money,I went for Many options but dzire ZDI was awsome then confused about color,finally I am going for artic white,I got the best features at that cost.I think I choose the right car,suggestions if any pls,Thank you.

• gopu |08 Jul,2015 09:54:23 PM

Hi all. Compare with swift dzire Tata manza is amazing performance style and good millage too. Dzire after 35000 kms too much noise inside you can feel. Manza is better option.

• rahul |14 Jan,2016 07:44:11 PM

First companies used very cheap material in whole there products, just they topi gumma rahey hai customer ki, their is nothing in today's Maruti..bakwass gaddi, copier & workshop are also looting the customer unwanted labour rates& work in air also.

Maruti Swift Dzire review scorecard