Maruti Swift Dzire, a perfect product from a trusted brand

• Appearance

Pros : Good mileage, Interior comforts and low engine noise

Cons : Looks not so attractive, else every thing is perfect

Look and Style: Hello friends, this is Ankita from New Delhi, after a long tenure of waiting period, I finally got my Swift Dzire Vdi. I would say that the looks of Maruti Swift Dzire are so- so. Maruti Suzuki could have made it more sporty and curvy like other competing cars. Comfort: Interior comforts of Maruti Swift are very good. Fabric upholstery and plastics used are of fine quality. The rear seating comfort is superb and there is ample of leg-room space in both front and rear cabins. Dzire is equipped with rear seat headrests and rear seat centre armrest which ensures comfortable ride. Pickup: Pick up of Maruti Swift Dzire diesel is excellent. I have touched 140 kmph speedmark while driving on highways and I found that the vehilce is very stable and controlled while driving at a speed of 100 kmpl plus. Mileage: After the second service the mileage has improved a lot, at present I am getting mileage of 16-17 kmpl in city conditions and 20-21 kmpl on highways. Best Features: Best features of Maruti Swift Dzire diesel are its spacious and comfortable interiors, multi funtional steering wheel, excellent braking & handling, power and pick up. Moreover, the car has got sufficient boot space of 440 liters, effective power steering and decent fuel economy. Needs to improve: I find Maruti Swift Dzire a value for money car. Company should change its exterior appearance and should make it more sporty whenever they plan to launch a new model for this car. More features like bluetooth connectivity, parking sensors etc. can be added. Other cars in the same range like Tata Manza and Fiat Grande Punto(hatchback) have got more features as compared to Maruti Swift Dzire. Overall Experience: Like, other Maruti Swift Dzire users I would also say that overall the car is very good in terms of performance, mileage and comfort. Probably these are the USP factors of Maruti Swift Dzire that the car is still on 3 months waiting period at all Maruti outlets even after 4 years of its launch.

Comments Maruti Swift Dzire
  • MANZER M KALIM |08 Feb,2011 06:32:42 PM

I have booked Maruti Swift Dzire LXI ON 31ST December 2010 and till date I am not aware, when can I get the car. When ever I am talking to the sales person, they tell me, very soon I will get the car.

vikram |09 Feb,2011 11:50:06 AM

Be patient bcoz u have opted for one of the best sellers.....after a long wait u would not get disappointed by the car at all. I too own 2 Swift Dzire's one is Petrol and other is Diesel...n both car rocks....

babu |11 Feb,2011 03:31:01 PM

• vandana |09 Feb,2011 09:43:40 AM

Its utter foolish to wait for sick dezire .I went ahead and bought manza which I found way ahead in quality and performance,Suzuki is just cheating Indian public by keeping waiting list alive.

vikram |09 Feb,2011 11:47:21 AM

The worlds Best Car MARUTI SUZUKI SWIFT DZIRE....THE KING OF THE ROAD....THE DIESEL ROCKET..... Manza is no where near Dzire coz Manza produces Tank like Noise inside it and besides it uses cheap parts which are troublesomme after 3 months and dats why Manza is cheap than Dzire.... hats off to Swift Dzire.....

vikram |09 Feb,2011 11:47:51 AM

Dr Harish Sharma |12 Mar,2011 10:35:36 PM

I booked DESIRE VDI WHITE on 5-2-2011 Vipul Motors tonk road jaipur, They assured me to deliver the car in the first week of march, and on 4th march they asked to deposit the full amount which is Rs 720263/= ,which i deposited on the same day. But till today they have not delivered the car. Out of this total amount Rs 400000/=was bank loan for which i am paying the interst& instalments, I am very much disappointed , I also made the complaint to Maruti but they did not took any action , what shoul i do, pl suggest me.

Dr Harish Sharma |12 Mar,2011 10:47:26 PM

Vandana, you are quite write i agree with you, now Maruti is not a Japani Co now, they have created a false short supply to maintain the importance to make foolish the Indion public

vishnu |23 Mar,2011 08:06:36 PM

ya there r creating hipe in the market

karan |11 Apr,2011 04:33:55 PM

manza-the third class looking car

aniket |14 Apr,2011 01:10:48 AM

vandana both cars are good. at longer run the cars from maruti are much better. but i think u made a gd choice because the manza is totaly made in fiat plant in pune. it has a fiat engine in it. only the outer model and logos are given by tata. but servicing point of view tata has thumbs down

gaurav singh |11 Jun,2012 11:21:32 PM

quality of plastics used in manza is worst class, and also its a tata product so be prepared to frequently visit the service centers .

• V S Rao |09 Feb,2011 11:43:17 AM

Please let me know as to when Maruthi is planning to launch the new swift dzire. They had promised that the car would be shorter and cheaper in 2011. Thank you

CarDekho Team |09 Feb,2011 05:27:07 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that as of now the company has not disclosed any such plans to launch the new Swift Dzire, at present the company is planning to bring in New Maruti Swift by June this year. Thanks

• Fazil Basheer Mohammed |09 Feb,2011 02:15:05 PM

i have booked also for DEZIRE Ldi......what all facilities i need to add extra to match Vdi....Please advice the how much it cost me also..... And also am planning to add sudwoofers and amplifiers so please suggest me something which is best.... thanks Fazil

GCq |09 Feb,2011 04:57:58 PM

plz go to MARUTIISUZUKI official website and compare the specifications for Ldi and Vdi. Accordingly, you can add additional facilities. Alternatively, you can by Vdi itself, instead of Ldi.

Santosh Kumar |17 Feb,2011 09:09:06 AM

Dear Fazil, If you are looking for Accessories to add in your Swift Dzire LDI. Please go for the below shown. 1) Power Windows (4Door) - 9,500/- 2) Central Locking 5k with - 3,500/- (Reverse Beep & Stereo Security System) 3) Pioneer System Mp3(Double Din - 9,500/- with USB,AUX,WMA,AM/FM Tuner) 4) Pioneer Speakers (Rear)300Wats - 2,500/- 5) Pioneer Speakers(Front)160Wats - 1,500/- 6) Sub Woofer (Pioneer 1000Wats) - 3,700/- 7) Amplifier (Pioneer 4Chennel 600wats) - 6,500/- 8) Seat Covers (Skoda Leather) - 5,500/- Note: The above shown Accessories & Prices are the part of D'ziire Kar Accessories, Secuenderabad, Tadbun, Hyderabad. To know more Contact, Mr.S.Santosh Kumar, Director, D'ziire Kar Accessories, Mob: 09866354723, 09700209061

• Bijit Barua |13 Feb,2011 02:22:04 PM

I really agree with Ankita that overall it is good as compared to price,economy in its range as compared to other sedans in the same segment.However last week i have driven verna hardly I could find any differance in regard to power,suspension etc.(petrolversion).But one thing I agree some more features are to be added by Maruti. I am also looking for cars past six months and regularly waiting for new cars to be launched but till date I have not been able to decide for which car in the segment to go for.Moreover internet review for DZIRE really nice however the waiting time really sucks. Bijit

• Ashwinth |01 Mar,2011 10:23:13 AM

i think il have to agree wit vandana ive owned the dezire for two months now..we keep getting these annoying noises from the roof and door panels its highly annoying and disgusting..the fitting is very shabby and cheap..i think manza would've done way better...anyz anyone else hain the same problem am havin ?...oh have i mentioned the plastic quality and the stock stereo system SUCKS !!!....but havin said all dis unfortunately we dont have a good alternate option for the dzire..hence the waiting period !!

• karan |11 Apr,2011 04:28:17 PM

i m the owner of swift vdi since 1.5 year both swift and dzire rocks on road but as the review of many people swift is better in terms of look it has milage of 24 with ac on .new swift 2011 will launch in june2011 than there will be break down on dzire buyers .swift 2011 has a more boot space, less hight so get more steady drive and more attractive interere and front-back look.

• mopur sesha reddy |15 Apr,2011 11:37:27 PM

what is the price approximatly new launching swift ac

• abhinav sharma |19 Apr,2011 06:26:50 AM

I am abhinav sharma, I live in Alwar city (Rajasthan).I want to purchase toyota etios, but there is no showroom and workshop of Toyota in my city. Workshop is located in Jaipur (Approximate 150 km). Some people suggest me if there is no workshop in your city, then don't purchase toyota etios. They suggest me to purchase maruti swift dezire. Please reply me or suggest me which car is overall best swift dezire or toyota etios? I am waiting for your reply. Please reply as soon as possible.

• gowda |18 May,2011 06:01:04 PM

I booked my Dzire in the month of Feb 2011 stillknow i am waited for new launched dzire pl tell me when can you launch the new dzire and what is the price differences.

• sanjaytyagi |29 Jun,2011 11:36:24 PM

planning to buy swift dzire vxi as my first car. my average km/month will b 1500.many persons of my cadre uses it. i dont know abt cars. help me to decide

• jani |02 Jul,2011 12:37:07 AM

hii m jani dubey from farrukhabad u.p .i booked dzire vdi may in the month may 2011 sumitra motors sahajahanpur but no delivery 1.7.2011 so sad

• Rajasekhar |19 Oct,2011 12:47:46 PM

Hi I have plan to buy a car 7-8 laks. I need swift dezire, when i see the interiors of swift dezire i dont like, it was made in very cheep quality plastics expecialy dashbord, even the music system was also not gud, its look like the total interiors made from china. but exterior was very gud,Same time i was seen the Hyundai i20, look wise 1000time better than swift dezire. excellet interior , music system and seat, and also it has got more features like B.T, Navigatation system etc, price wise both are same , can any one advice me which car is better in performence and which one i can buy.

• khajamahaadyshaik |05 Jan,2012 01:27:12 PM

Hi all.Iam planning to buy Swift desire Vdi.Can anybody suggest me for another cars of same price with feature comparision.Thanks in advance.

Rajasekhar |28 Feb,2012 02:12:54 PM

wait for maruti ertiga

• Rajasekhar |28 Feb,2012 02:12:19 PM

wait for maruti ertiga

• rasheed |14 Jun,2014 03:58:25 AM

swift Dzir grey/silver is best color ?.

• Joram |28 Feb,2015 01:04:36 AM

I am planning to buy sedan..presently i am thinking about swift dzire and hyundai xcent ..i am confuse which one to opt. Please suggest which one be better choice.

Rupsing Rongpi |09 Sep,2015 12:34:29 PM

Off course u shud go for dzire! U will be contented!

Maruti Swift Dzire review scorecard