A value-for-money car when you're going for the Z-series models

• Appearance

Pros : Fuel Economy, Unparalleled features

Cons : Looks awkward from certain angles, Petrol engine needs a little more kick

Look and Style: Well, they could've done away with such a long rear, to be frank. Looks are out of proportion. It could have been a little shorter. Besides that, I quite like the look (only with Z-series, because of the alloy wheels and wider tyres). The L-series and V-series models have real slick tyres and look bad. Comfort I adore the driver stance and posture. Seats are quite comfortable and large. Rear suspension should've been a little stiffer. When loaded, the rear chassis tends to touch the speed breakers. I can't blame Maruti though.

Pickup: Well, when loaded, petrol engine struggles a little on highways when it comes to getting that pickup after the signal turns green and you feel like an unofficial race just started!

Mileage: We went on a 800 km trip and it gave 19 kmpl on highways (fully loaded with AC on). I drove it at an average speed of 100kmph.

Comments Maruti Swift Dzire
  • Sachin Suri |19 Jun,2011 02:26:03 AM

help me choosing a petrol car between toyota etios g and maruti swift d'zire vxi..plz help

Moinak Ghoshal |23 Jun,2011 12:30:41 PM

Sachin, There are few points which you need to keep in mind when you are pitting there two cars against each other. Toyota Etios has 1.5 litre engine. So you'll get better performance but will have to compromise on fuel economy. In my town, petrol is Rs 70/litre. So for me, Dzire is a no-brainer decision. The standard features are more or less the same in both. What stands apart in case of Dzire is availability of spare parts and service from Maruti Suzuki. On the other hand, Toyota is a global leader and Etios looks better than Dzire (according to majority). Surely I won't expect disappointment from Toyota after you buy a car. Basically, the bottom line is that it depends on you and your needs and what you weigh more in terms of importance (e.g. power or mileage).

Sachin |27 Jun,2011 01:36:57 AM

moinak mileage of both etios and d'zire are almost same in city driving

Moinak Ghoshal |29 Jan,2012 04:05:39 PM

If that's the case, (which I think is unlikely to happen once you own one) Etios is better as a car. But I'd go with the Dzire. Maintainence reasons and Maruti has more resale value.

• klrao |01 Jul,2011 11:34:04 AM

bootspacemust bereduced BY 4 inches IBOOKEDDZIRE[ZDI]ON4-2-2011 SOFARIHAVENOTRECIEVED

• Dr.o.g.vinod |14 Jul,2011 02:09:30 PM

I am waiting for the new small dzire..cancelled my etios due to various complaints regarding milage...

• Abhijith |10 Dec,2011 09:32:39 PM

Off topic but its mechanical not civil engineers who design a car..

• abdul |14 Jan,2012 07:32:53 PM

its design from back looks good but front you cannot differentiate between swift and dzire i think company has cheated us by giving a deggey only pls rply me that i should buy indigo ecs or dzire pls tell me i will switch to diesel only

Moinak Ghoshal |29 Jan,2012 04:00:49 PM

Personally, I hate the sound of Tata's diesel engines. Again, Dzire is more famous for the diesel variant. Performance wise, I don't have much idea. I've heard it gives really impressive mileage.

Maruti Swift Dzire review scorecard