Rating of Maruti Swift Dzire 2014-2017

Comfortable, Spacious, Practical, Bang for the Buck

for ZXI

Comfortable, Spacious, Practical, Bang for the Buck

Needed a car which would tread treacherous roads and nicer roads with equal ease, look powerful and assertive, and give great space and comfort. Got the top end model ZXi and have driven it for 2 years now. Not a geek, hence this review is purely as a customer who drives a car without knowing much about the mechanics of it. Just experiential review from a user. Pros - Light steering. Accelerates well and only on a sharp incline do I need to switch off the AC for a bit to give extra power. Nice console. Comfortable seats. in it's class, the best boot space. Just the standard maintenance. Within city get a mileage of 20-24. depends. Prior to this I drove a wagon-R which (inspite of all the safety hoo ha) I loved. I like high cars, and the viewing angle allowed me reverse more comfortably. (I struggle with reversing in tight stops, and hence did not like sedans in India. Abroad I never had an issue, because space is not a crunch). The car comes in small sedan segment, one does not feel that one is seated low. I am glad I took the Dzire over the Ertiga, which I was about to! Cons - Auto-lock logic is not well designed. After you switch off engine and get out, after 10 seconds all doors auto lock. But if in between those 10 secs, you reopen a door, the auto-lock wont happen. The internal beige seats and door lining is prone to smudges. Since the car has yet given me no trouble, and I have driven it over rough and hilly terrain (imagine miles and miles of river beds and stony paths for a road), fairly regularly...it has still not given any issue touch wood. Hoping this lasts as well as the Zen we had!

P