Maruti Swift
    Rs   4.16 - 5.35 Lakh*

My First 200 KM in Ignis

By for Maruti Ignis 2017-02-06 20:29:31.0
  • Appearance

Its been good five days and I managed to drive just over 200 Kms in Delhi traffic. Honestly I booked the car just on the very first day without even knowing too much about the car. I have been lucky or you may say that Maruti Suzuki has done fantastic job while creating Ignis. I have bought Zeta Petrol Dual Color ( Uptown Red and Midnight Black). The color combination itself is superb. Its not complete Red but a has a little orange in it. The overall looks from the outside is very good specially the front where the light and the grill are just made for each other. The back however is little different and you will get used to it in a couple of days. The interior is total freshness in the air. The white combination works very fine. The front seats are super and I would say even better than the Swift. The back seats are equally good. The car may look small, but it is very spacious inside. Three at back are comfortable with generous leg room. The boot space is also generous. The music system is treat for ears. Now most importantly how the car runs. :- I have taken AMT version and it has treated me very well. I stuck thrice near Ashram and twice near Mohan Nagar and the effort in moving thru was minimal. Despite of huge traffic my meter shows an average of 15 kmpl with occasional AC running. The suspension is just fine with not too much bumps coming in the cabin. The driver seat is little higher than other cars and it comes as an advantage in heavy traffic.My only negative point for this car is that Maruti Suzuki should have given touch screen and LED projector lamps in AMT versions as well. I am pretty happy with the performance of the car so far. Hope that it contiues. Not to mention the NEXA experience enhances the overall buying experience of the car.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this January
  • mahesh |23 Feb,2017 04:02:46 AM

Hi Talib, Your review was helpful. I am looking to buy this car (1.2 Delta AMT), and I have a few questions. Please help. How does the car feel when taking curves on highways at high speeds? Bcz of its tall size, I heard that it's not as great as Swift when taking sharp curves. Have you driven Grand i10? Can you compare the drive feel, stability at high speeds and interior space between Grand i10 and Ignis? Could you please give your inputs on my above concerns? Thanks.

chandan |24 Feb,2017 12:29:49 PM

hi mahesh, its not so confident like swift but it not so scary . well balanced and sporty drive feel comes when you drive at high speed. only issue is steering wheel , some time it not connected to our command and you should manually rotate steering when you take full curve . other then that it is totally fun package car and feel very comfort in driving . smooth gear and clutch . i prefer you ignis rather then new grand i 10. if you want fun driving and comfort then go for ignis

mahesh |25 Feb,2017 08:25:22 AM

Thank you so much Chandan for your reply.

Gurpreet Singh |13 Apr,2017 10:15:00 PM

Hello I plan to buy this car in petrol delta version.please tell me about the mileage in city or higway??

Joshua |19 May,2017 02:42:11 PM

i bought Petrol Delta version -highways around 20km... city 18 km*

Harsh |06 Jun,2017 01:24:02 PM

i bought Petrol Zeta Model-highways around 15km... city 14 km*

monalisha swain |29 May,2017 01:18:52 PM

dont buy this car because its vibrating

minati |08 Jun,2017 01:32:03 PM

it vibrates at high speed or on average speed

• Prashanth S Bhat |25 Feb,2017 03:02:01 PM

smooth to drive. I have completed 1300km in a weeks time. ghat section driving is thrilling. Spacious seats, smooth driving, melodious speakers and antiglaring of front glass while driving in night made me thrilled. I purchased alpha arctic white. look is entirely different to all other cars on road in india. non amt is better. interiors are fascinating and awesome. even at 125km speed in highway there is no shaking of stearing. good to by.

chandrashekhar |21 Dec,2017 03:35:07 PM

sir i have heared that road stability of it is null so pls tell ur opinion ....

• BHARAT |29 Mar,2017 05:20:37 PM

hello sir. I am buying first car of my life so i want to ask that , Is it comfortable or economical ?

Joshua |19 May,2017 02:39:55 PM

Both .

• Jayaprakash K |05 Apr,2017 04:18:05 PM

I want to purchase a car at earliest. My selection between Wagon R and Ignis which is the best in Basic model ? Basic model difference is only 40,000. It doesnot matter. But quality wise which is better ? and Why ?, Please reply at earliest. Thank You.

Ratish |09 Aug,2017 11:51:20 AM

It is well balanced than WagonR , 200 mm wider, boot is bigger , 20 BHP extra( Since weight is less), more punchy, Compact SUV , Wagon R would be out of the profile soon due to Ignis. I have driven just 200 Kms and can say safely that this is better car than BALENO in terms of drivability.

• JANAK THAKKAR |24 May,2017 02:41:26 PM

Sir, I want to purchase Ignis. But which variant is good i.e AMT or non AMT ?.

dhruv patel |06 Jun,2017 08:17:24 PM

non AMT

Sanjeev Dhote |01 Jul,2017 09:56:43 PM

hi Druv, is there any problem in AMT? As in todays city traffic i think AMT is better option.

• venugopal |26 May,2017 03:15:43 PM

I want to purchase a car , my first car with a budget of 7 lakhs (On road) , i am in kerala, please send suggestions

ashu |06 Jun,2017 01:42:10 PM

with this budget pleas buy Baleno second varient..its fantastic

• Pawan Kumar |14 Jun,2017 05:45:25 PM

Hi my name is pawan and i want to buy my first car, in the budget of 5.5 lac. which one is the best i10, ignis and tata tiago. please reply.....

ratish |09 Aug,2017 11:55:27 AM

IGNIS is a drivers car. Very aggressive front and more punchy(best pick-up),reasonable boot,Compact SUV feel when you drive,more safety features in that budget. Go for Sigma and upgrade with Music System and styling for an extra 30000.

• Uday kumar s |19 Jun,2017 12:17:41 PM

Hi my name is Uday kumar s . I bought Ignis zeta 1.2 just 2 months earlier.But i found more vibrations when the speed reached above 110km .It is good at city driving .

• rana |24 Aug,2017 11:40:52 AM

I have a Maruti wagon r vxi model purchased on 29/12/2016 i have completed 2300 km till date car is good but now i want to exchange with ignis delta petrol is it right choice or not please help me. and i would to say that how the difference price would be come out as i am staying at siliguri, west Bengal. please guide me. which is better car. waiting your mail and reply also. Thanks a lot.

BHUPENDRA |28 Aug,2017 09:28:56 AM

GO AHEAD , IF U WANT SOMETHING NEW,, 1200 CC ENGINE ND WILL BE GOOD FOR HILLY AREAS AS THE GROUND CLEARANCE IS GOOD ,,, MILEAGE WILL BE GOOD AS WAGANR ...THE PRICE WILL BE AROUND 5.8 LAKHS

Arindam Ghosh |22 Nov,2017 03:35:44 PM

I stay at Pune and drive a lot in hilly area of western ghat. I am interested about Ingnis. Sometimes it is bit scary to drive in ghat section with hairpin bend. How about the low end torque for petrol variant? Normally at what minimum rpm, the torque kicks in ? Any Idea? Thank you so much

• sailaja |31 Aug,2017 12:36:50 PM

HI i want to buy my First car so could please suggest me with which car can i go with? is ignis or swfit/ Baleno

vanitha |15 Sep,2017 09:14:23 AM

Ignis would be the best. I enjoy driving this car.

• Dr.D.Chakraverty |01 Sep,2017 06:00:19 PM

I would like to buy a car with a budget of 5.5 lac on road. Pl. suggest me the brand & variant among all the cars available within this though I have gone through all the makes & get confused Once I was a passionate driver. Pl.advice

• sanjay |16 Sep,2017 02:36:35 PM

I would like to buy a car with a budget of 5.2 lac on road. Pl. suggest me the brand & model.Car should be fuel economical & low maintenance Pl.advice

• Satish Prabhakar Nawathe |28 Sep,2017 07:03:31 AM

I have a Zen Estillo which has some blind spots while driving because of the frame shape. Also, engine stalls when AC switches ON. The engine sound appears a little high even in the cabin. How is the Ignis for these three issues? Likely to exchange today or tomorrow. Want frank replies please.

• Brahmanandam |11 Oct,2017 03:31:38 PM

My budget is 4.8 to 5 lacs max. Kwid, K10, Ignis,Readigo, Tiago which is a better variant. My requirement Iis: AMT, GOOD MUSIC SYSTEM,GOOD A.C IF POSSIBLE ABC AND AIR BAGS. WHICH IS THE BEST VARIANT IN THE ABOVE MENTIONED BRANDS PLEASE ADVICE 5 LACS INCLUDES ALL MINIMUM ACCESSORIES AND ON ROAD PRICE. NO HIDDEN COSTS. PL. ADVICE.

• anwarsadath |01 Nov,2017 03:20:29 PM

hi i want to buy a new car pls sugest me

• Kumar |02 Nov,2017 07:35:30 PM

Which is better - Maruti Ignis AMT or Hyundai I 10 AMT. Both petrol variants.

Antoney Mathew |01 Jan,2018 08:36:24 PM

there is no room for second thought- you go for Ignis

• chandrashekhar |21 Dec,2017 03:33:24 PM

hi am planning to buy ignis sigma variant and i heared that road stability is null on this car so pls suggest me ......