Rating of Maruti Ertiga

Ertiga - Fall in LUV with it!

K
Karn Shukla
On: Nov 24, 2016 | 56 Views

So, I have been using Ertiga VDi since 2 years and 36,000 odd kms now.

I visited Maruti showroom considering to bring home the Swift Dzire. However, looking at my budget, the salesman asked me to also have a look at the Ertiga as well. Getting 2 seats more/ extra boot space was not a bad deal for additional 50-70k, I said to myself. After taking the test drive, I was in disbelief how well an MPV was handling. But it was real! Ultimately, I ended up stretching my budget a little more to buy the Ertiga VDi.

As I started driving the brand new Ertiga on a regular basis, I realised that I had never ever driven such a smooth Diesel engine. Keeping the engine revs in the mid range, it delivered good torque and power. Best fuel economy was achieved between speeds of 80-100kmph. The live fuel consumption comes in very handy when you want to achieve a good fuel economy.

Below are some of the stats/ observations:

1. Price: 9.1L (on-road Mumbai)

2. Extended warranty (2 yrs/ 20,000kms): 11,000

3. Fuel consumption (city) - 18-19kmpl

4. Fuel consumption (highway) - 22kmpl (24kmpl with up to 4 passengers and 20kmpl with 7 passengers and luggage). More the weight it has to pull, lesser the fuel economy.

5. Top speed achieved: 170kmph (without a feeling of losing control of the vehicle)

6. Servicing cost per annum: 8k-10k (Including taxes. But trust me it is less as compared to competition.)

7. Low fuel warning: Please note that low fuel warning light goes on even when there is about 8 litres of fuel in the tank. Maybe Maruti is being conservative here, but it is useful on roads with infrequent petrol pumps.

8. One touch lane change indicator is nice.

9. Auto locking of doors as soon as speed crosses 20kmph. Auto unlock on removing the keys. Even if you unlock the driver door, it does not unlock other doors, which is a good security feature.

Pros:

1. Best price - no other 7-seater diesel mid variant comes at this price. Not even close!

2. 7-seater with an option to convert to a 5-seater (3rd row can be adjusted depending on the required leg room in the 2nd row) with loads of boot space and leg space.

3. Rear AC vents to ensure 3rd row passengers do not succumb to heat.

4. Decent space for legroom of up to 6-ft passenger in second row. With sliding option on the second row, it becomes really comfortable for the taller passengers.

5. For a vehicle of its size, it has car like handling and is easy to drive in city traffic.

6. Extremely smooth for a diesel engine.

7. ABS with EBD come in very handy and the car stops where you want it to.

8. Good ground clearance. You never have to worry if there is big hump in your way. Ertiga takes them on at ease.

Cons:

1. Feels a little under powered with 7 passengers and luggage until the turbo kicks in at 1,750rpm. S-cross' 1.6L engine may be better suited to carry the load. But that would come at an additional capital and running cost.

2. Some vibrations are felt below the steering when accelerating hard.

3. Cramped head room for tall passengers in the 3rd row.

Yes, you are right, these are the only cons that I have noticed in so many kilometres. Most of them are really minor.

All in all, I am loving the Eritga. Does the job well without tearing the pockets.

Other Ertiga Reviews

• d
    dsdsdsdsds
    for VXI
    On: Sep 28, 2013 | 175381 Views

Big mistake

Look and Style-good. Comfort I purchased Ertiga Vxi BS IV R3R4CD2 from Bangalore without thinking much about pro... ...Read More

• S
    SANJAY
    On: Jun 02, 2012 | 32316 Views

ERTIGA - An IDEAL FAMILY UTILITY VEHICLE

I am the first one to own an ERTIGA Zdi in TRIVANDRUM,Kerala. So far I have clocked 650km including city & ... ...Read More

• A
    Alex
    On: Dec 05, 2012 | 13256 Views

Ertiga ZDI OwnerShip Review

I am a proud owner of the Ertiga ZDI since last 2 months. It’s a very nice car. I got 14.2kmpl in Chennai city t... ...Read More

• H
    Hozefa
    On: Jun 01, 2016 | 15076 Views

Go For It

Maruti Ertiga is a car that is directly competing with the Innova, the Ertiga gives you value for money. The new... ...Read More

• A
    Anand Nagouda
    for SHVS ZDI Plus
    On: Mar 08, 2017 | 205 Views

Why go for 5 seater when you get a 7 seater at similar price

I bought Ertiga ZDI+SHVS in May-2016 and have driven little over 13K kms till now.Let me tell u why I bought... ...Read More

Maruti Ertiga Further Research