My first 1500 KM in Ertiga

• Appearance

Pros : Mileage, sitting space versatality

Cons : no long drive fuctions like cruise control and AT

I got my ERTIGA ZDI delivered by Rana motors delhi in just 2 weeks of booking. It was exemplary, the way Rana motors treated me and got me my car delievered in 2 weeks despite a waiting period of 6-8 weeks. Since the day i had my first test drive - I loved this car. I never felt i am driving a 7 seater wagon - I always felt like its a small car while driving. I had taken the test drive of following cars and rejected them because of following: 1) Duster: TOO heavy to drive - nevr felt soft on steering - felt like driving a truck - reject. 2) Quanto: too tall - its taller than wagon R and Xylos of the world. Cant risk the safety while doing sharp turns - which i am very used too. 3) Innova: low mileage and high price - but better room. I was sensitive abt price :) 4) Xylo: too much of a taxi feel. 5) Scorpio: felt like a villager's car. 6) XUV5OO: clutch issues in many reviews - dint even bother to have a test drive - why would i buy a defective piece at higher price Look and Style - It is designed for city driving only. doesnt gives a taxi look and maruti's desicion to not sell for commecial category till 6 months from the launched has helped alot in making it a people's car. Comfort: I have driven with people on board and after the drive i took review from all of them - all said - no issue of cramped space. (I felt like i spent on a good car) Pickup: for city - its fine enough - there are always traffic jams - why would u want to have a fast pickup and spend ur fuel on it. this car is not meant for racing - its for city driving - remember? Mileage: till city driving it was showing 15KMPL till 700 KM, after my highway trip of 600 KM its showing 17 KMPL - which means 600Km of highway were travelled by an average of close to 19-20 KMPL. Best Features: ofcourse its versatality of seating space and mileage. Needs to improve: I would be hapy to have a cruise control, and option of Automatic transmission could help in long drives as well. Overall Experience: Best buy in market right now as compared to above 5-6 models

Comments Maruti Ertiga 2012-2015
  • prasad |24 Jan,2013 04:52:06 PM

very helpful thanks

Vineet |31 Jan,2013 08:39:04 AM

its 3600 KM now - and the meter shows an average of 18.5.....Amazin mileage....who so ever says the mileage is not good...needs to improve on his driving skills....because the moment you push the throttle very hard...the average drops drastically.... I drive on an average 80 KM per day....and i refuell it after 8 days of driving with just Rs 1500 every time....this gives an average of 20 KMPL...and imagine its on Delgi gurgaon route on daily basis... Can any car in market with same price tag and features BEAT THAT??????

• Vineet |21 Feb,2013 09:17:29 AM

Just got my Second service issues till my first wheel rotation done and wheel alignment and balancing as a routine after 5000KM....The handling is so superb that i have been driving it daily since the day i bought and never feel tired or weary after the drive....distance covered till date - 5116 KM, Average mileage till date on meter - 19.2KMPL, Mannually checkd the average on distance covered divided by diesel consumed on tank full basis - the average comes out to be between 18 - 23 KMPL in my past 4 tankfulls. Amazin performance - no QUANTOs or any other 7 seater can beat this....2 of my neighbours have bought Quanto - but after sitting in back seat of my car - they say WE WASTED OUR MONEY ON A PHONEY 7 SEATER in LUV with LUV

• TARUN JAIN |03 Mar,2013 09:09:46 PM

10 lacs mein jaan looge kya

• anurag tyagi |06 Mar,2015 06:05:33 PM

Thanks bhai, for your valuable suggestions.

• ashirbad |19 Mar,2015 04:48:44 PM

When ertiga is going to introduce full fully foldable seats I.e in Honda amaze & Datsun is highly required flexible space management with these cars with less cargo space for 7 peoples.....

Maruti Ertiga 2012-2015 review scorecard