my first 1500 KM in Ertiga

for ZDI

I got my ERTIGA ZDI delivered by Rana motors delhi in just 2 weeks of booking. It was exemplary, the way Rana motors treated me and got me my car delievered in 2 weeks despite a waiting period of 6-8 weeks. Since the day i had my first test drive - I loved this car. I never felt i am driving a 7 seater wagon - I always felt like its a small car while driving. I had taken the test drive of following cars and rejected them because of following: 1) Duster: TOO heavy to drive - nevr felt soft on steering - felt like driving a truck - reject. 2) Quanto: too tall - its taller than wagon R and Xylos of the world. Cant risk the safety while doing sharp turns - which i am very used too. 3) Innova: low mileage and high price - but better room. I was sensitive abt price :) 4) Xylo: too much of a taxi feel. 5) Scorpio: felt like a villager's car. 6) XUV5OO: clutch issues in many reviews - dint even bother to have a test drive - why would i buy a defective piece at higher price Look and Style - It is designed for city driving only. doesnt gives a taxi look and maruti's desicion to not sell for commecial category till 6 months from the launched has helped alot in making it a people's car. Comfort: I have driven with people on board and after the drive i took review from all of them - all said - no issue of cramped space. (I felt like i spent on a good car) Pickup: for city - its fine enough - there are always traffic jams - why would u want to have a fast pickup and spend ur fuel on it. this car is not meant for racing - its for city driving - remember? Mileage: till city driving it was showing 15KMPL till 700 KM, after my highway trip of 600 KM its showing 17 KMPL - which means 600Km of highway were travelled by an average of close to 19-20 KMPL. Best Features: ofcourse its versatality of seating space and mileage. Needs to improve: I would be hapy to have a cruise control, and option of Automatic transmission could help in long drives as well. Overall Experience: Best buy in market right now as compared to above 5-6 models

By vineet
On: Jan 02, 2013 | 15125 Views

Write your Comment on Maruti Ertiga 2012-2015

5 comments
a
ashirbad
Mar 19, 2015 4:48:44 PM

When ertiga is going to introduce full fully foldable seats I.e 60:40...like in Honda amaze & Datsun go+....it is highly required flexible space management with these cars with less cargo space for 7 peoples.....

a
    anurag tyagi
    Mar 6, 2015 6:05:33 PM

Thanks bhai, for your valuable suggestions.

T
      tarun jain
      Mar 3, 2013 9:09:46 PM

10 lacs mein jaan looge kya

Maruti Ertiga 2012-2015
        This car model has expired