Maruti Ertiga- Just Good!!!

By for Maruti Ertiga 2012-2015 2014-06-14 16:39:34.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Mileage, looks, ground clearance

Cons : Boot and luggage space

Look and style is appealing but lack of ABS in CNG variant is something that should have been incorporated. Rear seats are little cramped but offer good thigh support. It should have dim light in middle row. Goggle holder should have been provided on top of drivers side. Moreover, entrance to last row should have been like Quallis just like folding one seat and then you can enter freely. Comfort is pretty good and feel very relaxed while driving but gear shifitng is little hard hope so it will be smoothen up after some time Pickup: Great pickup in cng too Mileage: I was able to get 21 in cng and 15 kmpl in petrol after running upto 2000kms so far. Best Features: I would say the middle row AC and large windows are a real boon for this car as they help in maintaining car cool even in scorching heating conditions outside. Needs to improve: However, Maruti need to improve on the boot and luaggage space, also instead of 1400 cc the engine should be 1600cc as it a 7 seater. Addition of automatic climate control and bluetooth connectivity would make this car a realy buy to own. Improvement in music system and speakers is required as they are not at all good. The build quality of the vehicle should hav been sturdy. Overall Experience: Overall my experience with Maruti Ertiga has been nice and wonderfull.

• Anubhav |24 Jun,2014 05:15:59 PM

Is overheating from rear an issue with Ertiga VXI - CNG variant?

YOGI |08 Jul,2014 08:51:35 PM

hi anubhav,no there is no overheating issue from rear,LUV is smooth but its not a offroader so have to drive carefully on bumps although suspension is good,CNG giving me 20 overall city n highway its definately worth decision for me.

• adil |07 Jul,2014 02:32:06 PM

The leg space in the rear seat is too small.At least this couuld have considered in the design itself as it is very evident to all.

YOGI |08 Jul,2014 08:57:00 PM

hi adil,rear seat is for kids not for adults we travelled 8ppl in ertiga with 3childrens in back aged 12-13yrs in rear seat,coz if ppl are heighted then leg room will compromise in rear seat but still we had enough leg room on rear seat for adults seating 2capacity, as LUV is very spacious u dont feel tired while driving.

• anup |29 Jul,2014 07:43:05 PM

hey how much CNG can be filled at one go????? and are there queues in the CNG filling stations these days??

• anup |29 Jul,2014 07:45:50 PM

what i could c in the details provided by CARDEKHO.COM, it seems that the tank has the capacity of 60 kg of CNG, is it true??? would it also mean that if the mileage 20km/kg then once after the CNG is filled then for the next 1200 no refilling would be required?

Tushar |03 Aug,2014 02:02:18 PM

Hey, 60 is the water capacity, however you can get only 8/9kgs of gas per filling, i.e. You have to go for filling every 120-140kms. Thats is the only pain in cng. Well i have run over 1.2 lac kms on my cng fitted old honda city zx, worth the pain. Saved almost 4rs per kms.

• sachin |16 Aug,2014 12:24:37 PM

I am looking for Eartiga with cng and airbag. Do they have an option.

• SAMPAN |24 Aug,2014 07:43:18 PM

They are providing only 10kg CNG capacity cylinder which can be filled with only 7kg of gas giving out 16km/k.g. in city this means one fill give you only 108km of run and getting cng in delhi isbecoming pain in the ...... so i have shifted my plan from cng to diesel spending Rs.1lac extra it will be peace of mind and body as well.

• K K singh |29 Sep,2014 05:39:09 PM

are you currect 10 kg cylinder?

• AJAY |08 Nov,2014 04:57:56 PM

I WANT TO THINK I BUY ERTIGA BUT I DONT HAVE WRIGHT WAY WHT THE RIGHT CONDITION OF THIS CAR THEN I WANT TO DECIDE I WANT TO BUY OR NO

• Imran |09 Nov,2014 10:42:05 AM

I am looking for my family. How much Average it gives on CNG in City with AC and On Highway on AC Similarly how much on Petrol in City with AC and On Highway on AC. Very much confused. My main motive is for office use and in weekends for family. So confused between small and big car.