Maruti Eeco 5 seater AC first trip review

• Appearance

Pros : AC, Power, road view, turning radius

Cons : Headlamps, seats

I took my brand new Eeco for a 1600km trip immediately after the home delivery by Pratham Motors. We were at heights ranging from 4000ft to 8000ft. in the Nilgiri and Munnar ghats. The above pics were shot at Devikulam, 5400ft MSL ? the board was there but we missed taking a pic of it. Eeco performance: The Eeco ran very well at the heights, for a brand new car. The Odo was 900kms after delivery. We were smack in the middle of the Monsoon and were very lucky for the hole-in-the sky that gave a chance for those wonderful pics. The Ghats restricted travel to the 2nd gear most of the time as the rain decided full-time AC. Stability was excellent at the bends ? we did more than 130 hairpins in a single day- and could keep up with the Santros and other small and zippy cars driven by in-a-hurry Rally veterans. I touched 145kph and it was quite stable and vibration free. The Eeco still gave me 14kms to the liter in the ghats and 15+ in the straights! Earlier on , during the 1st 100kms of the drive, I thought the engine was straining at hi-revs. I was wary of this due to some TD reports & reviews that I had read online. It took some time to realize that the engine screamed due to over enthusiastic pumping of the throttle rather than that of ?strain?. There?s quite an Oomph in the engine and the Eeco will go quietly if you get the hang of the RPMs and the gear Ratio. The best part of the Eeco is the AC ? it is really the best I have seen for a single AC reaching the back seats ! It was one of the major points for choosing the Vehicle.

Comments Maruti Eeco
  • arvind |13 Jul,2010 11:55:32 PM

i need eeco 5 seater

• ubsharma |28 Jul,2010 10:04:55 AM

i need eeco 5 seater with ac car

• manikathirvel |04 Aug,2010 05:44:48 PM

• Anirudha |22 Aug,2010 08:04:46 AM

Hey! Good to see such review on ECCO. At the moment I am in dilema between Estilo and ECCO. Space wise ecco doesn't have any comparision with other vehicles in that range. However, wish to know about 1. Stability at bends (Ghat section) 2. Leg protection to driver and co-driver in case of front collision. If anybody can help me with that, then certainly Maruti will have another customer in offing for ECCO.

• karthik |22 Aug,2010 10:09:44 PM

Hi Anirudha, am also in same dilemma, pls let me know what do you think ...Thanks

• Anand |30 Aug,2010 12:51:30 PM

Sir ! Constantly reading reviews @ eeco as I m to get it within 10-15 days.Happy to read ur review.It is a confident boosting review.As its a new car and not yet standardised,so I m little bit worried.But ur review give my boost.thank u for that.And keep on sharing each and every good and bad thing @ eeco,so that future customers will be informed.keep on writing.ur view was very helpful to me.

• JK Sawant |01 Sep,2010 05:06:28 PM

Reviews about eeco are mixed but there is no doubt about its power,space

• Ajith |06 Sep,2010 12:36:57 PM

I am looking for a car of this range. Eco seems to be good. But the absence of power steering ??? Its mainly for coimbatore city drive and sometimes to kerala too. How do you suggest this car, if most of the time my wife will be riding it. is it a good vehicle for ladies too?

• Alexander Fernandes |18 Sep,2010 06:40:26 AM

• Alexander Fernandes |18 Sep,2010 06:41:14 AM

How about some more info on the EECO CNG/Petrol

• DD Sonara |22 Sep,2010 06:42:12 PM

I am also interested to buy a car.My budget is Rs.3 to 4 lacs. I want spacious, goodlooking,and strong and safe car. Some people told me that the Eeco car starts vibrating on highways with high speed. and it is not safe. I shall be highly obliged if someone with good experience with a car costing Rs.4lacs can suggest me a good model

• M David Raju |20 Oct,2010 05:38:19 PM

I just want to have Eeco 7 seater AC with CNG. Is it possible in future and how much time it will take. I am very much interested to have such type of vehicle.

• Suhas Jadhav |08 Dec,2010 02:37:46 PM

Hello there. I ve heard @ the AC in Eeco car that it is not very efficient. Can u help me on this?

docel |08 Dec,2010 02:45:26 PM

It is the best AC performance that I have seen in my experience...

docel |08 Dec,2010 03:22:33 PM

To explain: I went all over Kerala coast, Andhra interior & Tamilnadu on 3 long trips. The outside temperatures were something around 30degC with humidity. With 3-6 people in the Eeco, the AC was great according to the back-seat passengers. Crawling @1km/hr Bangalore peak-hour traffic in the afternoons are quite pleasant with the lowest AC setting.

javed shah |28 Apr,2011 04:21:57 PM

ac in eeco is quite efficient, it wont turn u down....

• SO Shaikh |14 Dec,2010 04:17:58 PM

Out of many review only one I found only one positive and the rest have given some lacks in specificatioon. i.e. rare seat not comfortable, speeding down in ghat when a/c is on, etc.

• javed shah |28 Apr,2011 04:23:12 PM

can eeco climb 8000 ft ghat with 6-7 people on board ??????

• Ashok Kumar |17 May,2011 08:05:24 PM

If company claims it a Family Car, then it should be composed of best safety features i.e. ABS, Air Bags, side beams, fog lamps, rear wiper etc. else company can redesign this car meeting these parameters within a low budgetary price range and same ample space. Happy & safe driving.

• srivamsi |03 Jun,2011 12:45:03 PM

already i hav a eeco5seaterac it is good in every option but not comfort with back seat without headrests. if the company provides extra blower for ac for back seat it will be so nice for us

• tapas |06 Jun,2011 12:40:45 AM

good car todrive,satisfied by driving.

• praveen |06 Sep,2011 03:31:43 PM

Hi , the car looks good & very spacious , worth for money. very usefull for family more than 5 members, best suitable for middle class family. best suitable for village .......

• santosh |30 Oct,2011 12:39:51 PM

i am planning to buy 5 seater AC Maruti eecho. i would like to know whether the car is good for travelling expressways,ghats and its AC is powerful. Whether the car vibrates at high speeds. Shall i go for it

• docel |30 Oct,2011 06:00:17 PM

@santosh i dont think you have read the whole series of posts here. ALL your answers are already answered above !!

• sunil |08 Dec,2011 04:11:04 PM

hi i just wanted to know if u guys can tell me is the tyre wear problem is genuine or not is anyone still facing it in new vehicles as some of them said there is a problem in tire wear. i am in dilemma to buy eeco or just to drop that idea pls help me guys

• Babu |26 Dec,2011 09:53:22 AM

I own a Alto LXI. I wanted to go for EECO. But then Im used to power steering. EECO does not come with power steering. Will i be able to manange. Please advice...

• Mukesh Kalla |08 Mar,2012 09:08:47 PM

Is it possible to get a power steering in Ecco 5 seater?

• thomas varghese |02 Jun,2012 07:57:56 PM

i frequently travel ghat sections. does eeco climb well.

docel |03 Jun,2012 12:24:41 AM

It is a pleasure to drive in the hills Thomas !! I have driven extensively in and around Kerala Ghats in the mist and rain several times.. with 4 passengers and a lot of luggage. I love the hills and so, most of my trips involves Ghats. In January, I went to Goa/ Mumbai from Bangalore and deliberately went through Sadashivgad and Konkan, simply for the Ghats and winding roads... - I have not found the need for Power steering at all. The - the Back seat needs to be thrown out, though. - Watch the Wheel alignment and tyre pressure constantly, if you are on Ghats and or rough roads most of the time. - It is a good drive on LPG too.

Thomas Varghese |04 Jun,2012 01:32:15 PM

Thanks for the reply. Most of the doubts cleared. But you have mentioned Watch the Wheel alignment and Tyre pressure constantly I could not understand quite clearly. Normally at the filling stations (around 600 kms)I do check the Tyre pressure. is this o.k with eeco? And is there something wrong with the wheel alignment? A little more enlightenment on the issue would be helpful. Thanks.Thomas

• ravindra srinivas |06 Dec,2012 08:00:51 AM

I went for a test drive in 5 seater EECO. The height of the vehicle is a bit excess, but very much comfortable to get in or to come out.(I used premier padmini for 7 years and for the last 5 years i I have maruti 800, which is giving me 18 on AC and 20 on non ac in genaral road conditions. I have done only 20,000 km in 5 yrs. yet I want to change it,as my family has 6 members, so I finally found EECO). The back seat has no head rest and we have to alter it. out side its moulding may not be attractive, but utility wise, it will be suitable. milage they are claiming 15kmpl if driven with driving norms.

Maruti Eeco review scorecard