The Perfect Middle Class Car - Review After 14,000 km of usage

By for Maruti Celerio 2016-09-01 18:17:59.0
  • Appearance

After a lot of confusions between petrol and diesel cars, I decided to go with petrol car because with diesel cars you can't save much until unless you drive more than 2000 km a month. Once I decided to go with petrol vehicle with a budget around 6-7 Lakhs, I had 2 options in my mind: Grand i10 Asta and Celerio ZXI. Basically, I am a lover of Hyundai cars. Still, I decided to go with Celerio because with 1.5 lakh lesser price than Grand i10, Celerio is equally having decent charming looks and gives a mileage better than the Grand i10. It has a great road view, good legroom space, steering mounted controls, Bluetooth music player etc., because I will travel hardly 500 km in a month. I have travelled almost in all conditions like the best NH of Tamil Nadu, the worst roads of TN where I travelled 80 km for 3 hours, the dangerous Masinag Udi roads in Ooty, gorgeous Chennai and Bangalore traffic and more. Here is my detailed review of Celerio ZXI after driving 14000 km.

Performance: It has the best performance that a 1.0-liter engine can provide you. When you compare with i10, Celerio lacks in engine performance since we all know i10 is powered by 1.2 litres, 4 cylinder engine. But taking out Grand i10 from the comparison, the Celerio does its best.

Pickup: It is good but could be better because most of the time in second gear you have to pull down to first gear since its a 3 cylinder engine. The engine is smooth and noiseless. Driving at 120-140 kmph is easy and this car does it well.

Comfort: You can have a pleasurable long drive as seats are more comfortable and it has quite a large cabin space. Lack of headrest will disappoint you. AC is awesome. Interior is decent. It has one of the best music players in its segment.

Mileage: This is the area where we are more concerned about. I never used my car without AC. In a trip of 240 kms to Coimbatore (both NH & city traffic) with a speed of 80 kmph in highways, I got 21 km on average. In a trip of 550 kms to Bangalore (both NH & city traffic) with a speed of 120 kmph in highways, I got 18 km on average. In both the cases, I checked tank full to full method.

Overall, for a small family with a middle-class budget having normal usage, blindly go for Celerio.