Part of my family

By for Maruti Celerio 2016-06-30 17:23:28.0
  • Appearance

Yeah! It's true my Celerio VXI CNG model has now become part of my family. I had replaced my old Maruti A-star petrol version with this brand new Celerio CNG in October 2015. From the day of my purchase to till date, the best thing which I am getting is it's fuel efficiency which is very much soothing to my pocket. Now I'm going to detail the car from each and every point.

1. Fuel efficiency : When you are going to run it in the city, it's CNG fuel is going to run nearly 22 Km per Kg to 25 Km per Kg (without AC), and with AC it runs nearly 18 Km per Kg to 21 Km per Kg. In petrol mode, it runs nearly 16.5 Km per litre to 19 Km per litre. When you are running on a highway in CNG it runs nearly 30 Km per Kg to 33 Km per Kg. And in petrol mode, it runs nearly 21 Km per litre to 24 Km per litre(I had checked it with AC only).

2.Maintenance Cost : Everyone is eager to know about it. I used to do all my Celerio's services at Maruti Service Centre, and after running car for 10,000 km the service of the Celerio CNG's costs nearly INR 5,000 including wheel alignment, wheel Balancing, engine oil and other stuff. This costs a little higher than the petrol versions because in CNG car's it is recommended to use synthetic engine oil. So at last for maintenance is nearly INR 0.50 per Km.

3.Driving : Driving is very smooth in CNG mode, really very smooth. In city drive due to 59bhp you have to pull your gear down to get extra torque(force) to overtake.(Its 59bhp is 9bhp less than that of petrol version, but that does not make large differences). During highway drive, you will find your car at good controls when you are less than or equal to 100Kmph as after that it requires a little more consciousness.

4. Space : No doubt, from outer view it looks like a small car but the interior part of it is very spacious, there is nice headroom good legroom for rear seat passengers, and also due to its good engineering I got a good boot space even after placing the CNG cylinder.

5. Build Quality : Interior build quality is very good and got a higher version as compared to WagonR or Alto. The seat is thin (which in turns increases the space) but the seat is strong built. Bumper's plastic quality is really very good.

6. Design : It's vary from person to person, as from my point of view I really like it. At last, if you are a city runner and want an economical and comfortable car this gonna be a right choice and believe me this will also not dissatisfy you on highway runs.