Maruti Celerio: Good car with best mileage

• Appearance

Pros : Good mileage, Space, AC, interior

Cons : Light in weight, Power lack in third and fourth gear

I am writing this review on the basis of 3 month usage experience of Maruti Celerio.

Look and Style: From front it looks best in the class however from back side, frankly speaking I don't like it from back as it looks like Maruti Alto 800.

Comfort: It is best car in the segment for 5 healthy persons. We are family of 5 persons with average health and its completely comfortable for us.

Pickup: Pick up is good on first and second gear but lacks in fourth gear which can be the deciding factor on highways.

Mileage: In this factor, I will give Celerio 10/10 because it is giving me 18.5km/litre on highway and 17.5 km/litre in city as per the average meter with full time AC on (as per avg. meter).

Best Features: The best features are good mileage, looks from front, space inside, Good AC, front dashboard also give me feel like Swift.

Needs to improve: This car is very light in weight as 1000CC engine may be the reason and power lack in third and fourth gear. Besides, the looks from rear side should be improved.

Overall Experience: I had 3 long tour besides daily city driving and have found it good till date.

Comments Maruti Celerio
  • Biplab Banerjee |20 Jul,2014 05:03:02 PM

Will any one let me know whether the pick up drops when the AC is switched on like Alto.

valentine |01 Sep,2014 07:27:30 PM

Yes, it drops, particularly when you stop at signals in 2nd gear for a few seconds for green light and start the engine it stops. Again because AC is made very powerful, it affects mileage by 10 km as per my experience in city and highway. However, 100% correct mileage is difficult to measure. I have given the figures based on average meter readings.

• avnish |21 Jul,2014 01:22:58 PM

waiting time is more , hence hv other options like brio ( honda ) seems to be good with xtra power.

• Pankaj |23 Jul,2014 02:32:42 PM

I purchased Celerio VXI automatic model in month of april. wanna share my thoughts as follow; It's an x-cellent car with good mileage. is also fascinating. spacious inside, best for 5-person to sit comfortably. Easy to drive on automatic system also comfortable to drive on manual mode also. Dashbord look is also nice along with many pockets to keep utilities on the doors. Finally, i feel i will rate Celerio 10/10. Even maruti service is also good and supported.

George |12 Aug,2014 03:21:01 PM

Hi Pankaj, If you don't mind, could you pl. share your contact details to get more details on this car.

Bhagya Reddy |20 Aug,2014 03:34:10 PM

I have been driving Celerio VXI AMT from May 2014. While the car is amazing for a beginner like me, what I am not happy is with the mileage. It gives me 12 kmpl in city driving with AC on and most of the distance is bumper to bumper traffic. Can anyone tell me why is the mileage so low. I have done 2200 Kms so far.

valentine |01 Sep,2014 07:38:13 PM

Please read my comments on mileage on this page. I had the same problem and the mechanic from Maruti visited to explain. With A/C I got 10 km less which means I got 10 kms more mileage without A/C. Today I am getting 15-17+ kmpl in city in 2/3rd gear at 30+ speed without AC and I got 18-25 kmpl on highway at 60 kmph speed in 5th gear continuous driving w/t AC. This is as per the average meter and if the meter is correct, this average is excellent for any petrol car. I have drove three brands Beat, Santro and Terrano. Mainly Santro for 11 years and I have found same kind of ease in driving in Celerio. I have taken this car simply for mileage in city. I have driven Celerio for around 2000 kms till date.

hbn |19 Jun,2016 03:43:40 PM

What was the on road price?

• dhananjay |30 Jul,2014 10:40:02 PM

maruti wagon r cng is good or celerio cng ????????????????????

shreejay |29 May,2015 08:28:22 PM

Ashwin |14 Jul,2016 07:39:09 PM

Anyday Celerio is better. Celerio is more confident car to drive

• sandeep singh |02 Aug,2014 02:03:20 PM

how I can get easy car lone can any body satisfy me about car lone

• sandeep singh |02 Aug,2014 02:03:40 PM

how I can get easy car lone can any body satisfy me about car lone

• sonali rahul karnik |22 Aug,2014 08:41:21 PM

is maruti going to offer zxi amt in celerio and any new colors

• Roshan patel |01 Apr,2015 10:03:50 AM

Tell Me about fuel efficiency of celerio in cng

• mayur |07 Apr,2015 09:54:28 AM

Its nt an auto transmission

• darshan |19 Jul,2015 06:51:40 PM

It is 1000cc engine in petrol??

clkckffl |30 Jul,2015 07:32:49 PM

• darshan |19 Jul,2015 06:51:40 PM

It is 1000cc engine in petrol??

• Anand Pradhan |07 Aug,2015 07:50:39 PM

I like to buy car but I'm confused about celerio and wagnor which one best for my small family petrol or diesel with go I'm please suggest me ad soon as possible thanks . Anand pradhan .

Arpit |26 Aug,2015 01:07:44 PM

omprakash |27 Oct,2015 10:31:49 PM

What is performence in cng model????

h dewasi |21 Nov,2015 08:16:58 PM

Celerio diesel kesi gadi hai muje kharidna hai kisi ke pass ho to jrur iske bare me btana

Abhishek |21 Dec,2015 12:39:35 AM