Go For The Baleno

By for Maruti Baleno 2016-08-04 13:42:01.0
  • Appearance

Hello friends,

I'm planning to buy the Baleno's petrol variant and for this, I'd visited Nexa Showroom recently. I took the Alpha Petrol version's test drive and acquainted myself with its features. Please find the pros and cons that I've experienced.

Pros:

1. Well priced 2. Great interiors 3. Decent exterior 4. Spacious 5. Can cruise at triple digit speeds comfortably 6. Good features related safety 7. Nice touchscreen interface 8. Front armrest is a boon 9. Driver seat height adjustable 10. Ample of Boot space

Cons:

1. The engine has no cover ( to prevent it from dust and water) 2. Quality in the prospectus of the body (sheet metal) needs to improve 3. No rear armrest 4. I feel that front shock absorbers need improvement

Overall, I could say that for Maruti brand logo, after sales service, good performance, spaciousness ? for all such reasons you can go for this hatchback.

Note : the delivery period is around 7 months.

The Baleno feels more aggressive in terms of power delivery, the engine feels livelier as well, good handling, light weight makes it quicker than its competitors. Thrown into a set of corners, the Baleno is sharper and more confident, as it?s weighted steering offers a precise feel, while the lightweight and well-balanced chassis add to the experience.

Price and fuel efficiency: I liked the top variant ? Alpha of the Baleno, which retails at Rs 7.01 lakh ex-showroom, Gurgaon. The claimed efficiency figure is 21.4kmpl, in my test drive round, I got around 16kmpl on Gurgaon's bumper-to-bumper traffic. What I feel is that having all these features in a hatchback, which comes from an ace manufacturer ( Maruti Suzuki), it's difficult to think of a second option.