Value for money with little compromises

By for Maruti Alto K10 2016-11-15 15:04:01.0
  • Appearance

Alto this car is the peoples car and over 30 millions car sold and most important is the Maruti Suzuki is there to provide you excellent after sales service. I own a silver Alto K10 VXI variant in September 2016. Basically I choose this car only because of the after sales service and low maintenance. Service cost of this car is very low also spare parts is very cheap and easily available through out the local market.

Let's start with the in-depth Review of the Alto K10 VXI:

Exteriors:

*************

Exterior of this car is quite decent and looks aggressive. Side view of the car is very similar to Alto 800. Tail lamps look is quite impressive to me. Now on the other hand if I talk about the interiors of the car I must say Mruti improved a lot of things inside this car generally Maruti car interior is not too good for the small cars but for Alto K10 Maruti provides dual tone dashboard colours which looks much premium. Plastic quality used is also good. The VXI variant comes with the company fitted music system with 2 front door fitted speakers which is quite cool and sound is also good. For exteriors I will give 5.

Interiors :

*************

Now come on the comfort zone I must say Maruti compromised little with the space if you are 6 feet tall like me you will face little discomfort but that can be manageable. Seats are also not very spacious but still manageable. It comes with the 2 front door power windows and rear seats windows are manual in the VXI variants. AC in this car is quite powerful and cooling is good. Leg room for the front passenger seat is quite ok for the medium height person otherwise you have to adjust the seats according to your legs. The rear seats is quite comfortable again little space compromised by maruti in rear seats. Leg room for the rear passengers is quite ok. One smart thing maruti done here is they make a scoop in the back of front seats so the passengers in the rear seat get little more space. Car cabin is quite good and soundproof but still sometimes you can hear engine noise when you push hard the paddles also you can hear noises on road with heavy bumps. For Interiors I will give 4 cut 1 because of the space compromise.

Performance :

*****************

Alto K10 comes with the 1.0 ltr (1000CC) petrol engine. The real displacement of the engine is 998CC. When I first drive this car I was surprised there is no lagging in pickup with 3 persons on rear seats and AC on. The drive quality is quite decent specially in entry level car segment. I have completed 700KM by the time of writing this review and must say its power package in the 4Lac price tag. The 35 litres fuel tank is enough to get those long distances covered without having frequent visits to fuel stations. I am getting 19-20Km/ltr on Highways and 15-16Km/ltr in city before my first service and I believe it will be increase after second service. For performance I will give 5.

Boot Space:

***************

I have bulleted this point in separate because this one is the most important point to remember when you buy a car but you will surely miss this in Alto K10 because I missed this. Alto K10 comes with 177 ltrs of boot space which is quite good for the three medium size bags. Boot space not suited for the large bags or road trips with too much luggage.

To wrap up my review in short I must say Alto K10 is "Value for money with little compromises". It has all the features which are important for a small family car. So, if this is your first car go for it without any doubts in mind.

• Maruti Alto K10
  • Don't miss out on the festive offers this April
  • harishbhai |13 Dec,2016 05:34:07 PM

pl let me know tah offers for december.