Rating of Maruti Alto K10

R
Ramendra
for VXI
On: Jan 28, 2011 | 74126 Views

I was planning to buy the latest avatar of Maruti Alto since its launch in August 2010 and finally I got my new Alto K10 last month. Maruti Alto K10 is my second hatchback from Maruti and I must say that the company has launched an excellent variant of Alto. Earlier, I had an antecedent of the same model that comes with 3-cylinder, 796cc petrol engine and had a very nice experience with that model. Look and Style I love the stylish and sporty cars but smaller budget restrained me to plan for any high end sporty car. But the launch of Maruti Alto K10 has given an excellent option for car buyers in this segment. Slight changes on the exteriors include revised headlamps, bumpers and tail lamp unit of the Maruti Alto K10 mark the new car arrival. The cockpit of the Alto K10 is almost similar to its predecessor but the steering and instrument cluster got some slight changes. One of the new feature that impressed me more is smaller and smartly weighed three spoke steering wheel that gives the feel of a sport car. Tachometer and digital fuel gauge are the new entrants in the Alto K10. Comfort As already mentioned, the interiors of the Maruti Alto K10 is almost similar to its predecessor in terms of look and space but the redesigned front seats give extra legroom on front. The deep cut in the back of front seats give an extra knee room for the rear passengers. The brilliant K series engine gives maximum power of 68 PS that results comfort riding in city as well as on highway. Pickup I have driven many small cars in my life and among the hatchbacks of this segment; I experienced that Maruti Alto K10 posses the best pick up. The latest all aluminum KB series engine of Alto K10 delivers the 68 PS of maximum power with 90 Nm of maximum torque. This figure might look smaller but this little beauty has the weight of 765 kg which is much lesser (around 120 kg) than the Maruti A Star that results in better pick up. As per the sales person it can hit the 100kmph mark in just 15 seconds. Generally most of the people never used to go for 0 ? 100 drag launches or try to go beyond 140kmph mark, I am one of them. However, I took the car upto the speed of 130kmph couple of times and I never felt that the car is under power. Mileage As per the ARAI test reports, Maruti Alto K10 can deliver the mileage of 20.2kmpl. As my car is new, I am not able to say what exactly the maximum mileage my car can deliver but one of my colleague is getting the mileage of 18 kmpl in the driving condition at Jaipur. So I am expecting the similar mileage from my car. Best Features Combination of excellent fuel efficiency, power and trendy look with affordable price tag. Needs to improve As per my requirements, the Maruti Alto K10 is perfect for me. However, the interiors of the car could be improved with some new features. Overall Experience I had a wonderful experience with the Maruti Alto K10!!! It is comfortable, stylish, well performer, and demands very less maintenance. I am a really happy Maruti Alto K10 customer.

Other Alto K10 Reviews