Rating of Maruti Alto K10

S
Shilpa Chopra
for VXI
On: Mar 05, 2011 | 15700 Views

I had been planning to buy the latest version of Maruti Alto ever since the car was launched. Finally, I bought the new Maruti Alto K10 a few days back. This is my second car, prior to this I had a hatchback again from Maruti. But I find the new version fabulous and is worth spending money on. My previous car was the old model of Maruti Alto which comes with 3-cylinder, 796cc petrol engine and I must say that my experience with it has been great too.

Look and Style: The interiors and exteriors are done up nicely giving it more sporty look. For those who cannot afford to buy an expensive car have an excellent option to buy Maruti Alto K10. Maruti has however revamped the car, headlamps have been changed slightly, bumpers and tail lamp unit of the Maruti Alto K10 have also been changed. New features incorporated in the Maruti Alto K10 are the Tachometer, digital fuel gauge along with the three spoke steering wheel that gives the feel of a sports car.

Comfort: The new Maruti Alto K10 offers extra legroom on the front as well as extra knee room for the rear passengers. The K series engine provides a maximum power of 68 PS.

Pickup: Maruti Alto K10 has a good pick up, the KB series engine provides a power of 68 PS of with 90 Nm of maximum torque. Adding on to the great pick is the weight, Maruti Alto k10 weighs 765 kg.

Mileage: According to the ARAI report, Maruti Alto K10 gives a mileage of 20.2kmpl. Since it is a new car, therefore I have not come across the maximum mileage it can deliver. However one of my friend who has also incidentally bought the same car told me that it offers a mileage of around 18 kmpl. Let's see if I experience the same or not.

Best Features: The new Maruti Alto did live up to my expectations, it is fuel efficient, powerful and looks trendy at the same time. Most importantly you get all of it at a reasonable price.

Needs to improve: So far I am happy with my car but I think on the interior front there is a scope for improvement.

Overall Experience: I find it comfortable, it performs excellently and is a stylish car. From the point of view of maintenance, it does not demand too much of maintenance. I am satisfied with my car.

Other Alto K10 Reviews