Maruti Alto K10 has lived upto my expectations

By for Maruti Alto K10 from Jaipur 2011-03-05 16:09:29.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Power, Excellent Mileage

Cons : None

I had been planning to buy the latest version of Maruti Alto ever since the car was launched. Finally, I bought the new Maruti Alto K10 a few days back. This is my second car, prior to this I had a hatchback again from Maruti. But I find the new version fabulous and is worth spending money on. My previous car was the old model of Maruti Alto which comes with 3-cylinder, 796cc petrol engine and I must say that my experience with it has been great too.

Look and Style: The interiors and exteriors are done up nicely giving it more sporty look. For those who cannot afford to buy an expensive car have an excellent option to buy Maruti Alto K10. Maruti has however revamped the car, headlamps have been changed slightly, bumpers and tail lamp unit of the Maruti Alto K10 have also been changed. New features incorporated in the Maruti Alto K10 are the Tachometer, digital fuel gauge along with the three spoke steering wheel that gives the feel of a sports car.

Comfort: The new Maruti Alto K10 offers extra legroom on the front as well as extra knee room for the rear passengers. The K series engine provides a maximum power of 68 PS.

Pickup: Maruti Alto K10 has a good pick up, the KB series engine provides a power of 68 PS of with 90 Nm of maximum torque. Adding on to the great pick is the weight, Maruti Alto k10 weighs 765 kg.

Mileage: According to the ARAI report, Maruti Alto K10 gives a mileage of 20.2kmpl. Since it is a new car, therefore I have not come across the maximum mileage it can deliver. However one of my friend who has also incidentally bought the same car told me that it offers a mileage of around 18 kmpl. Let's see if I experience the same or not.

Best Features: The new Maruti Alto did live up to my expectations, it is fuel efficient, powerful and looks trendy at the same time. Most importantly you get all of it at a reasonable price.

Needs to improve: So far I am happy with my car but I think on the interior front there is a scope for improvement.

Overall Experience: I find it comfortable, it performs excellently and is a stylish car. From the point of view of maintenance, it does not demand too much of maintenance. I am satisfied with my car.

• vishwanath |08 Mar,2011 01:16:03 AM

I too have the same car and I am very much satisfied with these comments.

zabndu |01 Jul,2011 04:39:20 PM

i too satisfied

• mac |08 Mar,2011 01:58:13 PM

boring review. Nothing new

• Uday Singh |08 Mar,2011 08:22:39 PM

I wanted to buy Maruti car but not able to decide which will suits better to my POCKET. ALKO K10 for ALTO CNG. In a month I have a runnin g of avg 1000kms

Deepak |30 Jan,2013 09:09:27 PM

Go for K10 CNG if CNG facility is easily available at your place. That will suit you better than petrol

• rahul |09 Mar,2011 12:08:04 AM

hy dont knw bout dis k10 but d only difrnc i see is dat of 200cc xtra.... com'n y to pay 30-50thousand RS xtra for dis much diff..... top spd of 800cc is 137km/h were as k10 is 148km/h /........ would u evr drv at dis speed in such a small car???

• Ghanashyam Nath |09 Mar,2011 09:13:25 AM

i too have this car and it great love the pick up and milage is great best deal in your buget

• javad |09 Mar,2011 10:02:58 AM

I booked one brand new Alto K10 Vxi. The vehicle will be delivered on June 2011. Now I feel so happy and my choice is the correct one. Adv Javad

Deepti gupta |09 Mar,2011 11:46:10 AM

HI Javed, I also want to book a Alto VXi K10 , can I have the price of that in delhi and also after booking whats the deleivery time.

anoop |13 Apr,2011 11:13:45 AM

Dear Madam I have recently purchased Alto K10 Vxi , silky silver color Registered in Ghaziabad. It's total on road price in Ghaziabad is 346235/- with MP3 Usb post music syter with front 2 speaker. mud flab , matings , gear lock & steering cover. for detail information u can contact me on my cell no 9718590938.

RahmaN |23 Jun,2011 12:30:24 PM

hey buddy m also planing to buy alto k10 Lxi... I want to know that hwz the pick up of the car wid a/c on. Currently am having alto lx, 2003 model and am unsatisfied with the pick wid a/c on., so plz guide!

Vasu |11 Jul,2011 06:26:05 PM

hi, How you feel now.Are you saticifyed with this car.I want to purchse this car. dealter are saying 17kmpl in city.But in review it is giving 15kmpls.any idea could you pls clarify

team |18 Nov,2014 03:16:18 PM

Hagahvsvsvansns s Sbshagsbabs

• Bhargava |09 Mar,2011 12:28:23 PM

it was a worst to me after buying alto,beacuse it doesn't have leg room as well as power ac and no pick up better option go for any other model in maruthi or TATA ........all the abopve are up to my reviews

• rajith |10 Mar,2011 01:38:25 PM

i bought Alto k10 and have good exp so far

• padarabinda rath |10 Mar,2011 08:35:15 PM

very nice car,millege is good.....

Parvesh |02 Apr,2016 02:41:43 PM

Go for tiago

• suman |20 Mar,2011 12:11:45 AM

ya a good car for us....though it has very small legroom and look is not that smart what a tata or spark have but it is damn good car for mioddle class people..where economy does matters a lot.

• kaushal padhya |14 Apr,2011 01:09:59 PM

alto k10 like bulk card no good pickup body noise is so high like cng auto iam purchage the k10 since 3/9/2010 iam not satisfy this car and service issue

• dave singh |30 Apr,2011 01:47:25 PM

i want to sell my k10 car,white. i brought it in dec. 2010. 5200kms. with sony xplod music system, leather seat cover, insured till dec. 2011 and regitered... contact. 9501880320

pawan sharma |17 Sep,2011 03:04:07 PM

CAN U TELL ME THE RATE PLEASE

• RahmaN |23 Jun,2011 12:28:29 PM

hey m also planing to buy alto k10 Lxi... I want to know that hwz the pick up of the car wid a/c on. Currently am having alto lx, 2003 model and am unsatisfied with the pick wid a/c on., so plz guide!

• Sridhar |11 Jul,2011 03:11:11 PM

Am planning to buy Alto K10 VXI in August 2011, when i went to showroom they quoted 385000 in Hyderabad. Please suggest me whether it this reasonable price for this car.

• Dr.G L Varma |30 Jul,2011 12:01:11 AM

a very excellent car if anybody compare with petrol

• gurpreet |16 Nov,2011 10:09:56 PM

any one using cng on alto k10....... is it normal cng kit or sequential one and how is the performance of the car with cng

• alok |04 Jul,2012 03:14:20 PM