Alto 800: The Road king

By for Maruti Alto 800 2016-08-14 03:33:32.0
  • Appearance

Recently I visited Pavan Motors, Hyderabad for taking a look of Alto K10. But that model was not available at that time so the salesman told me to have a look of Alto 800. After that, I just got impressed by it and previously I was planning for Alto K10, but now I changed my plan. I was little confused among the Kwid, K10, Alto 800 and the Redi-Go, but after having a look of that car I am going to book that car next month.

Reasons for choosing Alto 800. -

1. Excellent value of money.

2. Good resale value, i think that is very important.

3. Maintenance cost is very affordable.

4. All the parts are easily available & cheap. Which will be useful for long term use.

5. And it is already proved that Maruti millage commitment is up to 95% true.

6. If you want to use the car regularly Alto 800 is the best option.

Interior -

1. In the first look, the interior is much much better than the others in this segment.

2. Plastic quality is also very good than others. You will feel the interior is premium and have rich feel.

3. Sound Quality of the audio system as per the price, quite impressive.

4. Supports from the seat is excellent.

5. One thing that the rear seat having enough space. I am 5'11" & driver seat was adjusted as per my height then also I did not face any lack of space in the rear seat.

6. Steering is very light, chunky & sporty. The cup holders, glove boxes, are useful & practical.

7. If I compare with its competitors the boot space may be little less than them but enough. Can be utilised 100%. which is very important.

8. Internally adjustable side view mirror is the plus point which is absent in its competitors.

9. Central locking, remote boot opener & fuel lid opener are useful which are a big plus point.

Exterior-

1. Maruti has improved their metallic work a lot. Finishing of the product is far far better in its segment.

2. Colour options are wide in range & very sweet & cute colours are available with Alto 800.

3. Looks wise it carries it's own identity but front grill is now with Bold Looks which attracts eyes to it.

4. Tail lamp got new looks. Side indicators are very bright. Maruti has improved their electrical part too.

Test Drive-

1. The clutch is light and suspension is also good.

2. The engine is very peppy helpful for a sudden need of speed and even in traffic. If the windows are closed the engine sound almost 0 inside the cabin.

3. Speed ranges are well divided between the gears so no need to work too much with the gear stick.

4. Brake quality is excellent.

5. AC cools the cabin very fast even in 2nd point.

6. Enjoyable ride. Steering is very direct in both low & high speed.

7. Visibility it excellent.

8. Turning radius is fine. Help full for U-turns and parking.

9. Ground clearance is very high, helpful for bad roads, high-speed barkers, helpful for sharp slants (usually people who park at the home) it's bumper will not get touched with the floor.

I am going to buy my first car so I have taken several test drives and visited some different showrooms but I felt Maruti is the best option if you are willing to go for a value of money and a good quality of the car. Looks and fancy features confused me a lot but after taking a test drive of 2016 Alto 800, it is very clear that still it is the king of the segment without any confusion and doubt.